|| Rough Night ||

" I'm caught up in a daydream        Nothing that could wake me now "                           - Daydream (Ruelle)

Nothing that could wake me now "

- Daydream (Ruelle)

——————————

Everything felt like a harrowing dream.

He wrapped her with a white and grey fleece blanket around her as she sits on the floor away from the fireplace. She felt warm as within the glowing fire reflects on her skin—looking through the flames, as it was burning against the logs. She thoughtfully reflects on her life as well with her life to where would she be without her mother.

Everything happened unexpectedly. There is no such thing as of a rewind button to a real life situation that can get everything back at once.

Grandpa Sanje throws his car keys across the living room that has landed on the couch, walking ahead to the kitchen—bringing the mugs out, the cocoa powder from its small packet. The milk and sugar coming from its designated area.

The other hand, the kids.

Theo had sit along near with his little sister, Taylor. Sitting on the ground instead of the couch—internally devastated through the rough night.

The Marquez Children reflects their life through the flames; crying silently as there was no solace on the way. A flashback had envisaged Theo's mind, bringing back the day where he had to leave his Mom and little sister back at his hometown and living a new life to make his life better in Riverdale. 'I love you Mom' that's what you should have said' He saying thoughtfully in his mind. Few sniffs came out from Taylor, breaking silence within the living room.

Grandpa Sanje had left the kitchen—holding two hot mugs, the sweet smell of the Hot cocoa spreads across the living room and as he was gripping the handles with pressures.

Before he could approach to his grandkids. He envisaged back to the memories with his dad and his son in the same living room on that moment. Nights like this will always be remembered for Grandpa Sanje. He thought of this as a tradition that kept him going through the past years, and would likely hold on to the upcoming years.

He walks towards the children, handing one to the youngest as she reaches the handle. cupping the side—feeling the heat pressed against her hand. then last, he hands the other to the oldest, which took him a few seconds to realize and look up to his grandfather with tears stuck withing his grief eyes that were full of regrets.

He shaked his head "I'm not in the mood to drink" Theo said, emotionally. "I appreciated though"

The old man nodded with respect, placing the mug on its coffee board and sits on his rocking chair—joining along with his grand kids, gazing through the fire.

They sit, silently—paying tribute to their mother and a "Uninvited member" to grandfather's words. 'No blessing but with hatred' he thoughtfully said.