|2|

"We'll never be as young as we are now, It's time to leave this old black and white town. Let's seize the day, let's run away, don't let the colours fade to grey. We'll never be as young as we are now, As young as we are now"

 We'll never be as young as we are now, As young as we are now"

Lola was beginning to understand what Jughead had meant when he had said that she missed a lot; she no longer lived in her house

Lola was beginning to understand what Jughead had meant when he had said that she missed a lot; she no longer lived in her house. After the Ghoulies took over the Southside, it wasn't safe for any Serpent to live there. That meant that, while she was gone, her dad had sold the house and bought a trailer.

Now they lived in what was known as Tent City. There were random tents, trailers and pieces of furniture scattered all over the place but Lola liked it; it was a community of Serpents. She was one of the luckier ones since her dad was able to make enough money off of their crappy house to buy a decent sized trailer

"I'm so glad you're home safe" her dad said as she left her small room in the trailer. She smiled as she walked over to him and hugged him; she had missed him the most. Despite all they had gone through the year before - all thanks to Penny Peabody - they were as close as ever.

"So, care to tell me why I only got one phone call to say you were safe and not to worry?" he asked, more stern now. Lola grimaced at this, instantly feeling guilty. She knew that when she eventually returned she would be in a lot of trouble, she just hoped to avoid it a little longer.

"I'm sorry. I just needed to leave everything behind for a while. Last year was so stressful; I was nearly shot dead for Christ's sake!" she exclaimed, having flashbacks.

Her dad's face softened at this and he wrapped an arm around her shoulder, pulling her into his side. "Hey, it's okay. I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you" he said softly, wiping away a tear that Lola had nt realised had fallen.

She breathed in shakily and squeezed her eyes shut in an attempt to calm herself and soon she succeeded. "Sometimes I feel like coming back was the wrong decision" she whispered, staring at the blank wall in front of her.