|19|

"Fight the fear, fight the fear, Rise up from the ground, gonna make you a believer. Fight the fear, fight the fear, Blood, sweat, tears make the pain taste sweeter"

 Fight the fear, fight the fear, Blood, sweat, tears make the pain taste sweeter"

As always, the days that followed were full of one mess followed by another for Lola

As always, the days that followed were full of one mess followed by another for Lola. Some orphan that Archie had found had disappeared So Jughead got the Serpents to look for him. However, the entire time Lola had been completely distracted and on edge.

Despite what she and Jughead had seen at the abandoned building, Gladys Jones decided that the Serpents needed the Gargoyles and somehow convinced them to work together. This meant that Kurtz was technically now a Serpent.

Something about the boy had put Lola on edge from the second they met; she didn't trust him in the slightest. Because of this, she had been skipping Swords and Serpents meetings; she would do all she possibly could to avoid him.

It wasn't easy to spook Lola Carter but the way Kurtz had stared at her made her uneasy. She had looked into his eyes and she could see the emptiness behind them; it was like he had no human life left in him and he was just a shell of what G&G had made him.

However, she couldn't keep blowing off the meetings - especially when Jughead kept hassling her about it. Luckily enough, when she finally did make a reappearance, Kurtz wasn't there. In fact, most of the Gargoyles weren't; there were only two who were sat in the back corner.

Lola decided that she didn't want to question where they all were, half afraid of the answer she might receive. However, she did notice that Fangs still hadn't shown up yet. Frowning, she looked around the room until her eyes locked with familiar brown ones.

"Where's Fangs?" she asked curiously, wondering if something had happened in the time she had been avoiding the meetings. Sweet Pea simply shrugged in response as Jughead entered the room. Lola frowned once more but brushed it off, figuring that, since no one else was worried, she shouldn't be either.

"We found the kid, but he's still in danger. So's Archie for that matter" Jughead stated as he stood in front of everyone. Lola sighed at this and looked down to her interlocked fingers. She hated that one of her friends was in danger but there was nothing she could do to help him; Hiram Lodge was always going to have a vendetta.