|8|

"It's 3 AM and the moonlight's testing me. I know that you've been holding on to someone else, And now I can't sleep. I ain't happy, oh. I ain't too happy, oh"

 I ain't too happy, oh"

It was the night of La Bonne Nuit's opening

It was the night of La Bonne Nuit's opening. Lola Carter, wearing a short, gold dress with smokey eye shadow, was serving behind the bar. The place was already packed and the celebrations had barely begun. Lola couldn't help but feel proud of her friend for accomplishing something so big.

Mostly, Lola would just talk with random people, only stopping to make a few mocktails or pour a few drinks. She was fairly certain that, by now, there wasn't a single person left in Riverdale who was unaware of her return. She had heard many times that night questions such as "when did you get back?" or "what did you do all summer?" but she didn't seem to mind it one bit.

Generally, with her fiery personality, you would assume she would have grown sick of it and would have snapped at someone long ago - which would usually be a very accurate assumption - but, for some reason, tonight she never did. Maybe it was the atmosphere of the speakeasy or maybe she was going soft, either way, she would always reply with a genuine smile on her face.

Lola was busy pouring out a mocktail she had made when she saw the familiar raven hair of her friend brushing through the crowd. "Ronnie!" she called, hoping to catch the girl's attention. Luckily, Veronica heard her name and turned in Lola's direction. When her eyes landed on her, Lola waved her over with a smile which was eagerly returned to her.

"Ronnie, this is amazing! I don't know how you did it but this place looks even more amazing now than it did before" Lola exclaimed as she handed the drink to a customer and accepted their payment. Veronica grinned at her and leaned on the bar.

"I actually can't believe it's going as well as it is. I hope your not drowning in drink orders" she said with a giggle. Lola laughed along  as she playfully rolled her eyes. She was coping well with all of the orders but she could definitely have used some help; Reggie had disappeared somewhere and left her stranded.

"I'm fine although if you see Mantle anywhere, send him back my way so I can kick his ass for abandoning me" she replied, only half joking. Veronica chuckled and was about to reply when someone else called her name. She smiled appologetically at the girl before disappearing into the crowd of people once again, probably to thank everyone for coming.