|23|

"If it's all a dream, don't wake up, 'Cause I got your body right here next to me, just wait up. Gotta check myself 'cause I just can't believe, ayy-oh, That you were in my heart, you were in my head, Now you're waking up here in my bed"

 Gotta check myself 'cause I just can't believe, ayy-oh, That you were in my heart, you were in my head, Now you're waking up here in my bed"

I

I

t was finally prom night. Lola had been waiting for this day to come since she was a little girl and now it finally had. She woke up with a smile on her face, ready to take on the world.

Most of her morning was speant getting everything ready; she had used wash-in-wash-out purple hair dye to return her hair to the same colour it had been the previous year when she had attended Southside High and she was already beginning to feel  more and more like herself.

Since the prom was medieval themed, she had gotten a purple ball gown that almost made her look like an evil queen. However, thanks to her ankle still recovering, she wasn't able to wear heels which meant she would be very short for the night - especially next to Sweet Pea.

After curling her hair and finishing her makeup, Lola finally emerged from her room with a smile on her face. Her dad turned to look at her and smiled with pride, almost tearing up at the sight of his daughter.

"How do I look?" Lola asked as she twirled around, the bottom of her dress flying outwards. She giggled as she came to a stop, loving the feeling of being dressed like a princess for once instead of her usual skinny jeans.

"You look beautiful" her dad said as he approached her, taking her hand in his. "But I have something for you" he continued. Lola furrowed her eyebrows slightly as she tilted her head, wondering what he could have.

Slowly, her father took his other hand from behind his back and held it out to his daughter who gasped in awe. Sitting in his hand was a beautiful tiara with purple and green gemstones that matched her dress perfectly.

As a smile spread across her face, her father lifted the tiara before placing it gently on top of her head. "A princess needs to have her crown" he stated simply. Lola immediately pulled him in for a hug, trying to hold back her happy tears so she wouldn't ruin her makeup.