|18|

"All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves, You don't know the half of the abuse"

 Please don't make any sudden moves, You don't know the half of the abuse"

"Jug, are you sure about this?" Lola asked with a worried gaze as she stood outside the door of Pop's

"Jug, are you sure about this?" Lola asked with a worried gaze as she stood outside the door of Pop's. It was getting late so their only source of light was from the diner, the red light illuminating in front of them. Lola could sense that Jughead was hesitant, almost as if he was questioning his decision.

"My mom's right; the Serpents need help" Jughead stated, although Lola wasn't sure if it was for her sake or for his own. Neither of the friends made a move to enter the diner yet neither turned away. "And you're sure the Ghoulies are going to be that help?" Lola pushed, not entirely liking the idea.

Aside from the everlasting feud between the Ghoulies and the Serpents, Lola knew that the Ghoulies ran on their own terms; she wasn't sure if they could go by Serpent Law, even if it was the only way they could survive.

Jughead didn't answer for a moment or two and, when he did, he dodged the question. "The guy I talked to said the Ghoulies would meet us here; better not keep them waiting" he stated, finally taking a step towards the door. Lola sighed as she followed behind him, trusting in his judgment.

As the familiar jingle of the bell sounded above them, the two friends scanned the diner. They had expected to know exactly where to go once they arrived - it was hard to miss a crowd of people in leather-studded jackets. However, they only found one.

Lola frowned at the Ghoulie sitting alone as she leaned towards Jughead. "You think this is a setup?" she asked, though she didn't fully suspect it was. Jughead stood for a second before shaking his head and making his way towards the Ghoulie.

Once again, Lola followed without any protests, trusting her best friend completely. The Ghoulie acknowledged them with a nod as they slid into the booth across from him but he didn't say anything; he seemed almost defeated.

"So you're the last one, huh? The last Ghoulie standing? Where's the rest of your crew, Verne?" Jughead questioned. Lola raised an eyebrow at him but remained silent, figuring that this was the guy he had talked to.