|25|

"So I'll hit the lights and you lock the doors, We ain't leaving this room 'til we both feel more. Don't walk away, don't roll your eyes. They say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight"

 They say love is pain, well darling, let's hurt tonight"

Lola was standing outside Thornhill with her friends, terrified

Lola was standing outside Thornhill with her friends, terrified. Adrenaline was coursing through her veins but it was telling her to run rather than to fight. "The task before you is simple. Make it through the woods. Survive the night. You will be tested, each of you. Refuse my tests, or try to escape, and my Gargoyle minions will kill you. May the final quest begin" Penelope explained.

"I'd start running if I were you" she continued once she noticed they weren't moving. Without another second, the five friends took off towards the forest, shining their flashlights in front of them.

Lola was now thanking God that she hadnt worn heels with her dress or else she never would have been able to keep up; it was hard enough with her sprained ankle and a dress that reached the floor.

"The good news is if Penelope wanted us dead, we would be dead. She wants us alive" Jugehad said when they finally slowed down. Lola scoffed at this and rolled her eyes; it wasn't much of a consolation at all.

"Yeah, well at least long enough to complete her bizarre social experiment" Betty countered, voicing Lola's thoughts. "Yeah, or die trying" Archie added. Lola grimaced slightly at this. None of them knew what lay ahead of them or how likely death was.

"We don't even know where to go" Veronica complained. However, as she said this, Lola noticed something on one of the trees. "Actually, Enchantress, we might" she stated, using Veronica's G&G title.

Lola pointed her flashlight at the tree to reveal a red arrow through a swirl on a sign. They all looked at each other warily before Archie finally spoke up. "Come on, let's go" he encouraged as he followed the arrow.

The others followed closely behind him, glancing around them constantly for any sign of Penelope's Gargoyle army. Soon, they had reached a clearing in the woods.

Lola held her breath as she looked around and spotted a scroll hanging from a tree. "It's a Red Paladin card" Jughead stated as he took the scroll and handed it to Archie. "Archie, this quest is for you" he finished.