|13|

"All his life he's been told, He'll be nothing when he's old. All the kicks and all the blows, He won't ever let it show, Because he's stronger than you know, A heart of steel starts to grow"

 All the kicks and all the blows, He won't ever let it show, Because he's stronger than you know, A heart of steel starts to grow"

Almost immediately after Jughead learned of Joaquin's fate and saw the symbol carved into the boy's forehead, he had run to find Archie, knowing he faced the same cruel end

Almost immediately after Jughead learned of Joaquin's fate and saw the symbol carved into the boy's forehead, he had run to find Archie, knowing he faced the same cruel end. Without saying a word to anyone - not even Lola - the two friends fled from Riverdale.

With their absence, Lola began to distance herself from everyone; she was still grieving for her friend. She never pushed anyone away, she simply avoided them, although it wasn't exactly hard for her. Not long after Jughead and Archie had left, almost all of the River Vixens had a seizure in the hall, leaving a shocked and screaming Cheryl standing alone.

After that strange occurrence, the town was quarantined; no one was allowed in or out until it was declared safe, meaning Jughead and FP - who had gone after his son after finding out where he was - weren't able to return home immediately.

After the quarantine was lifted, the town seemed to be a shell of its former self; everyone seemed to be on edge, constantly looking over their shoulders as if someone was coming after them all. 

This, however, could not be said for life in La Bonne Nuit. Lola had begun to take extra shifts in the speakeasy in order to help Veronica. It seemed the entire population of Riverdale wanted an escape from the ghost town and La Bonne Nuit was the perfect place.

Life seemed beautiful in the dimly lit speakeasy as everyone's minds seemed to drift away from their troubles; even Lola found herself happier and becoming more like her old self. Every night the room would be packed with people who were blissfully unaware of the outside world.

Lola wished that these moments would last forever and that Riverdale would return to being yet another small, uneventful town. However, she knew that these wishes were in vain and the time of peace was soon coming to an end, sooner than she would expect.