|17|

"I need somebody to heal, somebody to know, Somebody to have, somebody to hold. It's easy to say, but it's never the same. I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain"

 I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain"

Lola closed her locker before walking down the halls of Riverdale High

Lola closed her locker before walking down the halls of Riverdale High. Most people were in class but she had a free period, meaning the halls were practically deserted and empty. Lola didn't mind though, she preferred the quiet silence broken by the heels on her boots clicking down the hall.

She was lost in her head as usual, thinking about everything and anything that came to mind. For the first time in a long time, she felt content with her thoughts. After catching the Gargoyle King and becoming friends with Sweet Pea once again, she felt lighter somehow.

Lola had become so immersed in her thoughts that she hadnt heard a second pair of footsteps following behind her until a familiar pink-haired girl laced an arm through her own with a smile. "Hey Lo, you busy?" she asked.

Lola smiled brightly at the girl as she continued to walk. "Not really. I was just going to go draw the Swords and Serpents logo during free period for the meeting later" she answered with a  shrug. As soon as the words left her mouth, Lola regretted it. She grimaced slightly, having forgotten about Toni's exile.

"Actually, that's kind of what I wanted to talk about" Toni stated as she stopped walking and turned to face her friend. Lola stopped and turned back to her, frowning slightly.

"Cheryl and I actually made a new gang called the Pretty Poisons and I was wondering if you would like to join us?" Toni said almost hesitantly. Lola raised her eyebrows at the girl in disbelief; she never thought that Toni would start a rival gang even if she was exiled.

"Toni, you know I can't. The Serpents are my family" Lola explained, hoping that this wouldn't cause a fight; their friendship had already been strained slightly after what Jughead had done and she didn't want this to conepltly drive a wedge between them.

"Yeah, well, I thought they were my family too" Toni retorted bitterly. The pink-haired girl crossed her arms over her chest and stared across at Lola as if daring her to make a move. Lola sighed and shook her head softly at the girl.