|9|

"Now, I'm out here lookin' like revenge, Feelin' like a ten, the best I've ever been, And, yeah, I know how bad it must hurt to see me like this, But it gets worse"

A few days had passed since the grand opening of La Bonne Nuit and Lola had been trying her best to keep to herself to avoid unnecessary drama

A few days had passed since the grand opening of La Bonne Nuit and Lola had been trying her best to keep to herself to avoid unnecessary drama. Besides, Riverdale provided enough of its own without Lola being involved.

In a matter of days, everyone in Riverdale High had found the rule book to Gryphons and Gargoyles in their locker. The game spread like wildfire but, after hearing about Dilton and Ben, the game gave Lola the creeps and she wanted nothing more to avoid it.

That, however, did not seem to apply to her best friend. Despite having found out that his dad, along with many of their friends' parents, had played the game and it didn't end very well, Jughead still started a game with some of the Serpents. Lola had tried her best to stop him but, in the end, there was no changing his mind and she didn't want to continue arguing with him.

Now, the two best friends were sitting in silence in Jughead's trailer. Jughead was on his laptop - probably writing something or researching whatever he could about what was happening in Riverdale - while Lola sat on the floor drawing in her old sketch book.

She hadn't had the time to draw much since she got back and she hadn't drawn a single thing over the summer; for some reason, she had no inspiration. Now, however, as she sat in a comfortable silence with her best friend, Lola had found some inspiration although it wasn't necessarily good.

Lola was drawing the one thing that was burned into her brain and that she couldn't forget about: the Gargoyle King. She still got shivers when she remembered how it chased her, Jughead and Betty through the woods but something about it was fascinating to her; not in a worship sort of way like Ben and Dilton but more so in a curious sort of way. 

As she sketched the details of the branches forming the wings of the creature, Lola couldn't help but wonder who or what was behind it all. So many questions floated around in her mind but, instead of answers, all she got was more and more questions.