|12|

"Though I'm weak and beaten down, I'll slip away into the sound. The ghost of you is close to me. I'm inside out, you're underneath"

 I'm inside out, you're underneath"

Ever since she had seen Joaquin again, Lola hadn't been able to think clearly

Ever since she had seen Joaquin again, Lola hadn't been able to think clearly. She had speant most of the daydriving around aimlessly on her bike, hoping to shake the endless thoughts about the former Serpents.

However, nothing seemed to work. She would keep replaying every conversation they had had in her head, beating herself up for not nothing the signs despite the fact that no one could have known how far he would have gone.

She had wanted to be left alone for the day but fate had other plans for her. After receiving a cryptic message from Fangs, Lola found herself driving back home to Tent City with Jughead Jones who she had found along the way.

Once they arrived and got off their bikes, neither of them said a word to each other; Lola didn't have the energy to keep a conversation and Jughead knew the girl needed some space.

As Lola took off her helmet, she noticed that Sweet Pea was walking towards them with a grave look on his face. Lola frowned as she stood forward, not knowing what was so urgent or why he looked so pale.

"Someone's sending us a message, Jones" he said, avoiding eye contact with Lola. She didn't think anything of it, assuming it was because of the Fangs situation and because if how angry she had gotten over Josie.

"What's the message?" Jughead asked carefully, almost as if he was afraid if the answer. He looked around him, surveying Tent City for any signs of danger yet he found none. Sweet Pea looked as if he was about to explain, but hesitated and stopped himself.

"Come on" he eventually said before turning around and leading them forward. Lola exchanged a confused look with Jughead, wondering why he couldn't just tell them what had happened. Nevertheless, they both followed the tall Serpent.

It didn't take long for Lola to spot Fangs standing next to a chair which was covered in blue plastic. When their eyes locked, she sent him a small smile which was quickly wiped away when he turned away without acknowledging it. She frowned but didn't question it and turned her attention back to the group.