Chapter - 20

Wait for the person that would do anything to be your everything

Your POV:

As soon as the nurse left the room I turn my head to look at my Eomma. A mother who was lying there lifeless. And a daughter who is standing here hopeless. I want to stab myself for not being able to do anything but just stare at my mother and talk with her for the last time idiotically.

I slowly walk towards my mother and take a seat on the stool which is kept beside her bed. She was sleeping peacefully. Tears were building up from the corner of my eyes. I just stare at my mother blankly. Unknowingly my hands grab my mother's hands gently which causes her to wake up.

Her beautiful eyes were now on me. As soon as she realizes me, a cheeky grin appears on her lips. She immediately grabs my both hands and was about to get up. But I was fast enough to hold her. "E-Eomma what are you doing? Don't just get up like that!! Please lay down on the bed I'm right here." I am worried and my voice is clearly sounded like it. Suddenly she starts to cry and said, "y-you're right beside me? You won't let my hands go right y/n?"

I stare at her not saying anything. How can I utter a word when I know I've to let her go. When I know she has only a few hours left to breathe and sees my face. 'I'm scared, I'm so scared. Please, someone....someone stop this mess and tell me that this is just a dream!!! Please I can't take this anymore. It hurts a lot.' "y/n!!" she calls me.

I snap out from my thoughts and glance at my Eomma. Sweat and fear were all over me. My legs start to shake in fear. But I get myself together and taking a deep breath I say, "ahh~ Eomma!! What are you talking about!? I'm always t-there for y-you. Come on let's talk. It's been a while since we last chat right?"

I tried to sound as calm as I could yet my voice cracked. I was trying my best not to burst into tears in front of my mother. I need to be strong and face the reality. I need to spend my last time with my Eomma because after today she won't be there for me anymore.

I was spending a good amount of time with my mom. We were laughing and smiling and talking about the past like how I used to be when I was a little kid. Talking about Appa and Oppa. Sometimes while talking she'll tear up and sometimes will laugh. Suddenly she asks, "y/n sweetie, I didn't talk with taehyungie and YoonGi-ahh!! Where are they!? And others too!? I want to see them. And where is Jungkook!? He must have been busy with his work right?"

Everything was perfect until she mentions the devil's name!! I look down and thought of denying Jungkook but deep inside I want him to see and face the reality which I'm going through. "omma!! They all are outside waiting for you to call them. Wait here I'll go and call them all together." I say smiling brightly.