Chapter 6

Avneet's POV

I finally reach home in one piece. I look ahead and see a van standing infront of my drive way. Is some one here? Or some one just parked. I get off the car bidding a Bye to Vaish who just smiles. Please bring her boyfriend back in one piece too. I walk to my front doorstep and ring the bell. After ringing the bell freaking 5 times, No one opens the door...where is mom?

"Excuse me dear, your parents left today in the morning, they told me to give you your keys, and this letter for you!" My neighbor hands me the key and the letter and goes away. Where did they go? I open the house with the keys and enter making sure I close it properly. I go to the living room and sit down with my bagpack and open the letter.

Avu, We have to go back India! It is urgent. Our village head has died and we have to attend the funeral and all. You know nah how Dad and him have a relationship and hence we are going. We cant take you with us, you know why nah! Anyways we brought you frozen food, you can cook it and eat. Please dont burn the kitchen, if you have difficulties please tell one of the neighbors to cook. Take care, we will come in two weeks!

Love Mom😘😘❤

So two weeks without parents! Wow!! Anyways, Let us do something. Wait! today homework must be given, who should I ask? Bhavy didnt come nor did Anu. All were out, everyone missed school. I get a message on phone and it is from Siddharth. Wait! isnt he in jail? I open it quickly

Hi Avneet, 

It is me Jannat! I went to meet Sidd and he was like I should remind you there is a test tomorrow on maths, so you better prepare well!! He is really worried. He doesnt want you to fail. So revise well....And he suggested, you should do the online questions in the school website.

The more I think, this guy wont amaze me and the more he amazes me. So, from Jail he has told Jannat to tell me, there is a test! Aww, how sweet! But it is Maths test!! I missed maths lesson today and tomorrow is a test. Life couldnt be better.

I took a packet of crisps and went with my bag pack to my room and locked it. So, I will be here alone in this house for two weeks. I change into shorts and t shirt. I sit on my study table removing my maths book and open these amazing chinese movie lacking subtitles. The laptop is in front of me.

Question: Varun buys 100 burgers! He distributes between himself, Jacqueline and Shraddha in the ratio of 4:3:3. Jacqueline eats 1/3 of her burgers at one go. How many burgers does jacqueline have now?

This person is mad, first of all actors stay fit and they dont even eat 2 burgers that this teacher has put 100 burgers, and that to Varun will buy...Great! Jacqueline will eat 1/3 of the burgers in a go, maybe a 1/3 of one burger not of the burgers Varun gave her. This teacher is mad! I write down my answer and go to the next question.

When will this chinese movie finish?? Ten more pages, I scroll down. Maybe one episode of Aladdin will not spoil, will it? Nope! Let me watch that, I havent watched since ages. Let me watch one episode. I go on youtube and start watching...

And I finish all the episodes, I have watched in total 15 episodes. Wow! I missed a lot. Oops! It is ten and I have been watching since 5 hours! And I havent completed on sum. It is fine, I will do tomorrow, I will wake up early!

I go to sleep putting an alarm of one hour earlier and sleep...

The alarm rings, Let me snooze it, for ten minutes, what will happen? Again it snoozes. Another ten minutes what wrong will happen? It rings again. Done! Wake up Avu! Time to study. I wake up and check time...NOOOOOOOOOOOO...I snoozed for 30 minutes, shit! I have to get ready now. It is fine! Your not bad in maths Avu, you will do it! You are intelligent.