Chapter 15: To Babysit a Princess

"Unbelievable!" Jasper exclaimed as he and the Black Scale Clan witnessed the events unfold, provided by a magic bubble."White Diamond transformed Lapis into a baby."

"This might work to our advantage." Squaridot said. "With the princess in that innocent state, she will be oblivious to the dangers happening around her. If we can negotiate with White Diamond, maybe she'll hand Lapis over to us."

"That's a big if." Holly Blue Agate sighed. "White Diamond doesn't usually let many of her prisoners go."

"Besides, breaking a spell that was casted by White Diamond is no small order." Emerald added.

Back in the cave, White Diamond had created some colorful bubbles for the Lapis to play with as she continued to cradle her. The baby princess was absolutely mesmerized by the pretty floating toys. She stretched her chubby, little baby hands as high as she could to pop the bubbles. One particular blue bubble descended until it was close enough to her nose. The moment she touched it with one of her tiny hands, it popped and showered the baby in ticklish sparkles, prompting her to burst into babyish giggles.

"Aww, Lappy wikes the pweddy bubbles, doesn't she?" White Diamond cooed with a baby lisp in her tone. "Yes she does."

Then, the white mermaid spider tickled Lapis on her belly with her long fingernails. The regressed princess laughed loudly as her new motherly figure continued to tease her tummy.

"Alright, darling." White Diamond declared. "It's time for your bottle."

With a turn of her wrist, a baby bottle full of milk appeared in her hand. Then, she brought the bottle to the baby's waiting mouth. Her lips wrapped around the bottle's nipple and she started suckling the milk down to the last drop. It was the warmest, thickest, most creamy milk that Lapis had ever consumed. When she was finished, the warm milk sat in her belly similar to that of a bowl of hot soup. This warmth made the infant princess feel very sleepy as she let out a baby-sized yawn.

"Aw, I think somebody's ready for a nap." the mermaid temptress said as she turned the bed Lapis was sleeping on earlier into a cozy cradle.

She gently set the mer baby in the cradle and drew a blanket over her as the regressed princess fell fast asleep.

Back outside the cave, Jamie stiffened as the rest of the group of friends carried on. He could instantly tell that something was wrong. Or more specifically, that somebody was missing.

"Uh, guys?" he alerted the others. "Lapis is gone!"

"What!?" everybody exclaimed.

"Oh no." Amethyst said. "You think she got lured into White Diamond's lair?"

"Of course." Peridot replied indignantly. "What else could've have happened to her?"

"How are we going to get her back?!" Rhodonite asked, freaking out.

"Well, we're certainly not going to let any other mermaid go in that she-devil's lair without the risk of getting cursed." Pearl stated.

"Steven, Connie, and I will go." Jamie proclaimed. "I doubt White Diamond will want anything that do with humans."

"Very well." Rainbow Quartz nodded. "Good luck and be careful."

The three humans entered the White Diamond's lair as cautiously as possible. When they reached the cave's inner sanctum, they confronted the mermaid seductress without showing a visible sign of fear.

"Humans?" White Diamond said in surprise.

"Alright, White Diamond." Steven began, determination glowing in his eyes. "Where's my sister?"