Chapter 26: A Day of Everlasting Love

For the next several months, Princess Lapis and Jamie (along with their friends and loved ones) planned the most beautiful wedding that either of them could ever dream of. The venue for the wedding was on the beach, a place that was super special and nostalgic to Lapis.

The blue princess and her friends helped her pick the wedding dress she wanted to wear at the local boutique. When they found a winner, Lapis went to go try it on.

The top of the dress was plain white with gold patterns embroidered on it. Barely layering the full silky skirt, the was a miniskirt of blue tulle with little pearls sewn on. It was even better than Lapis could've ever dreamed of.

"I'll take it!" the blue girl told the seamstress who ran the boutique.

Back at Lapis' house in Beach City, Greg helped his adopted daughter and Jamie write out the wedding invitations. The date of the big ceremony was July 25. Greg had also called some people to help cater the wedding for everyone attending.

Finally, the twenty fifth of July had finally arrived. It was all hands on deck to get the wedding venue set up before the guests arrived. Greg and Steven helped get Jamie ready while Connie and Lapis' mermaid friends got the bride all preened up.

This was the part of the wedding day that Lapis liked the least. She and her soon-to-be husband had to be separated before the ceremony to avoid misfortune being brought upon the couple. No matter how much she wanted to see Jamie, her friends would advise against it.

As soon as Stevonnie placed the powder blue veil on the princess's head, which flowed from a small crown of seashells; her makeover was complete. And of course, Lapis wore her special locket like she depended on it.

"You look absolutely spectacular." Pearl complimented.

"Yeah, you're gonna blow them away on that aisle." Amethyst added.

Lapis smiled, but said nothing as she gripped her locket with both hands.

On the beach, the guests were seated and waiting for the ceremony to begin, including the mermaids who were turned into humans; thanks to the magic of the royal sisters. Jamie was at the wisteria covered altar with the wedding reverend. He looked out as if he could sense Lapis' anxiety.

"I hope you're holding up okay, Lapis." the groom muttered to himself.

Not far from the venue, Lapis was waiting the handful of mermaids who were chosen to be her bridesmaids. Padparadscha who was asked to be the flower girl was there too. The bride paced in circles like she was waiting to be called into the dentist's office. That was when Greg came and joined the group of girls.

"Hey, kid." he said to his adopted daughter.

"Hi, Dad." Lapis replied meekly.

"Are you nervous?" her father asked.

"Little bit." the princess admitted. "I've been dreaming of this day ever since I started to develop romantic feelings for Jamie. But, now that day is finally here and it's kinda terrifying."

"Lapis, getting married won't compare to almost losing you to a near-fatal experience at the hands of some power-mad villains." Greg addressed. "Now that was alarming."

"Can't argue with you there." Lapis agreed.

"Just remember, sweetie." her dad continued. "Whatever happens, I'll be there for you. Just like I was there for you from the moment I found you on the beach."

"I know you will." the bride said, hugging her dad.

Just then, the Bridal Chorus started to play. The band of bridesmaids led the way to the wedding altar with Padparadscha not far behind, dropping flower petals as she went.