Chapter 1 - Part 5 - Good Looks

Narrator's POV
It had been hours since Necros starting walking. He sighed as he looked around. He was finally at the Kingdom of Aultric. It had a massive wall protecting the city inside. A total of 50 guards were set to protect the gates.

"Wow. What security." Necros mumbled.
As he stepped closer, the guards halted him. He stopped moving.

"What is your purpose here?!" One of the guards shouted.

"Here to stay for the night. Refilling on food, drinks and maybe even buy a book here."

The guards talked to another guard who wore a badge. They nodded and told Necros that he was too fishy and was not allowed to pass.

"Fine! Whatever!" Necros yelled.
He snickered. He ran a little further down and applied cloaking magic on himself and leaped over the wall of the city.
"So much for security." He said while giggling.

He walked around and bought a bunch of items. The city was full of people.
Demi-Humans, Humans, Demons, Elves and Dwarfes. They were roaming the streets and markets, living a peaceful life.

Necros entered an inn called Shapestone Inn. As he entered, all the girls around looked at him.
"He's so hot." Most of them said quietly.

Necros did not find the compliment a good thing and sighed. He considered it a burden. He walked over to the counter.

The bartender was a demi-human.
She had fluffy ears, yellow eyes and big breasts.

"Hiya how may I hel-" she paused. She was shocked by his looks.
"So, got a room for me?"
"A-Ah.. S-Sorry we're out of rooms but you could s-stay in my room.. if you'd like to."

Necros declined and walked out of the inn. He bought a book on ancient magic, food and wine. He packed it into a bag and brought it with him.

Necros could not find an inn and was tired. It was almost 11Pm. He sat down next to the fountain in the middle of the town and sighed.
An elf girl saw him and pitied him.
She walked over to him.

"Would you like to stay at my house for the night?" She said while smiling.

He looked up. "Really? Thanks."
He said and picked up his belongings. She brought him into the house and showed him a room. He entered and thanked her again.

She closed the door and told him to sleep. Behind the door, her face was red and her heart was pounding.

"He's just good looking. I promised to not fall for someone due to looks. Calm down.." she said.

Necros grunted as he lied down. "Man.." he looked up at the ceiling. He smiled. "I promise to stay loyal to you, Astrid."
He fell asleep as he was too tired to think anymore.