20. Stairs

A DNA test. A. Fucking. DNA. Test. Jimin wasn't sure if he should be offended or not. Yoongi had claimed that he believed Jimin but there was a small part of Jimin that doubted the authenticity of that statement. Maybe he was the one that needed the reassurance. But like Jimin had said there was not an ounce of doubt in him. He knew the baby was Yoongi's so if the Min family needed that to welcome his son into the family then so be it.

Jimin had thought that maybe the Min's would want to know the other parent of their grandchild before the birth but according to Yoongi they wanted to meet once the results of the test confirmed the idol's paternity. He did understand where they were coming from. Yoongi was in a career that he couldn't trust anyone easily but it still stung a bit.

He wondered if Yoongi had even tried to deny the request. The celebrity's parents probably think so lowly of him but honestly at this point he couldn't careless. From what he had heard about them they were cold people. He wouldn't be surprised if he found out they had been bad mouthing him.

"The DNA test gets done and it confirms he's the father, obviously, who's to say they don't believe me still." Jimin whined scooping another spoon full of ice cream in his mouth.

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "What other choice would they have? How the hell would you fake a DNA test?"

"I don't even know if you can fake it I obviously don't actually need to do that but I have zero ideas on what to expect from them. I've never even met them. They don't even want to meet me until it's confirmed that I'm not a lying whore." He explained through a mouth full of the sweet good. Taehyung sighed "they just want to be safe. A lot of people have lied about getting pregnant by a celebrity."

Jimin huffed but said nothing. Taehyung was right. Maybe it was all in his head and Yoongi's parents are good people who are just trying to protect their son. Or maybe he wasn't making up any of his and they thought he was just another one of Yoongi's sluts that he used for the night. Would they really be that far off? The pair had sex only to stop being together literally a couple days later. Jimin couldn't stop all the negative thoughts that floated through his head. He blamed the hormones.

"Ow." The boy hissed placing a hand on his lower back. The redhead turned to look at him with worried eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked.

The older nodded putting his tub of ice cream on the coffee table. "Yeah just Braxton Hicks." He took a deep breath. "The doctor said it could happen more often now." He explained wincing slightly. "It's killing my back." He whined.

"Are you sure they aren't real contractions?" Taehyung looked as if he was about to start panicking.

One of his greatest fears since he took on the role of taking care of his friend was the moment labor kicked in and he would be the only one the boy could lean on. He was afraid to see his friend in such a state of vulnerability. It's not that he's never seen his friend in a vulnerable state, they've been friends for years of course he has, it's just he knew he wouldn't be the person Jimin needed in that moment. Now with Yoongi in the picture he worried much less but he was still afraid the baby would choose to come early while Yoongi was still touring.

Jimin nodded. "I'm sure." The younger just stared as his friend let out another groan rubbing his back. "I still have a couple weeks left." He ran his fingers through his hair. "I just want him to come already."

"Pregnancy is really kicking your ass." The boy couldn't help but joke.

Jimin pouted nodding his head. "Not to mention look how swollen my feet are." He said lifting his foot to show what he called his elephant feet. They indeed looked like and elephant's foot just from how swollen they were especially his ankle. It looked quite painful.