23. As pretty as him

His heart was beating in his ears, almost deafening. He rushed into the hospital waiting room spotting the Parks and Taehyung all sitting on the uncomfortable plastic chairs, all had tears running down their faces.

"Taehyung?" He asked approaching the trio. The male stood up. He spoke but his words felt muffled. "I-I don't know what happened." Tears ran down the younger's face. "Everything was okay then suddenly I was being kicked out. The doctor said he went into shock and he started to bleed a lot." The boy was shaking.

Yoongi's breath picked up. "I need to see them." Taehyung shook his head "they aren't letting us. Both are weak, Yoongi."

The rapper wanted to break down. He should have been there. He should have been with Jimin when everything happened. This was his fault. He was aware of the elevator being broken in the male's apartment he should have offered him to stay in his apartment.

He looked over at Jimin's parents. Daewon gave him a small reassuring smile while Jaesung glared at the boy. Jaesung has been right. He couldn't even be here when something this major happens how was he supposed to be a good parent to their child. He already started parenthood shitty.

The rapper was hyperventilating, he needed air. He needed it now. He turned around walking out of the building. He leaned down in the wall right beside the entrance sliding down until he was squatting with his head in his hands and elbows digging into his knees. He flinched feeling a hand against his back. "Everything will be okay." Taehyung spoke softly bending down.

Yoongi only let a sob escape his mouth. "I should have been here. I should have been in that operating room."

"We can't change back time so there is no point in kicking yourself for something you couldn't have controlled. The only thing you can do now is be here from now on. So please just come inside where we can wait for news." The rapper stayed silent for what felt like eternity before finally nodding. He wiped his tears sniffing before standing from his squatting position and following the male back inside.

They walk in only to spot the Parks missing from their previous position on the chairs. "Over there." Taehyung said pointing at the couple standing before a doctor. Yoongi jogged over to them only missing the doctor by a millisecond.

"What'd he say?" The idol asked his attention solely on Daewon. The man stared at him with teary eyes. "Um," he took a deep breath. "Jimin's blood pressure and body temperature had dropped dangerously low during the C-section because of the medication they gave him. It caused him to go into shock and to bleed excessively. They were able to stop the bleeding. He's stable thankfully." Yoongi let out a breath of relief. "What about the baby?"

Daewon smiled softly at him. "He's okay. Nothing major is wrong. He's just a little underweight so he's having issues keeping himself warm and the doctors say he has jaundice but with a bit of light therapy he should be good." He closed his eyes looking up at the ceiling mumbling a 'thank you'. Of course he was concerned with the issues his baby had but it was much better than the other things that could have happened. He had looked up what risks his baby had being born five weeks early and a lot of websites had said that they could have breathing issues. He was thankful the baby was breathing on his own but he definitely is a bit freaked out and would make sure to keep a really close eye on him once they were out of the hospital.

"Can I see them?" He asked hopeful. Daewon nodded. "Yeah but they're only letting two people at a time see Jimin since he's still in the recover room so we were hoping to do that while you two go see the baby." He explained. Yoongi nodded his head in understanding of course they would want to be the first to see their son. He could respect that.

"Oh my god." The idol whispered when he stared at the little baby in the incubator. He had all types of wires on him that monitored all his vitals. The baby's eyes were barely opened clearly yearning to sleep. "Hi love." Yoongi whispered staring at him in amazement. He just couldn't believe it. This was his baby. He helped make this little guy and he was just perfect. "He looks like Jimin." Taehyung mumbled from behind him. Yoongi hummed in agreement. From the little amount of baby picture he's seen of the cafe worker he could confirm that the newborn indeed resembled a baby Jimin.

"Would you like to hold him?" A nurse asked from behind them. Yoongi contemplated before shaking his head. "I want Jimin to hold him first." He whispered. The nurse nodded only opening one of the arm holes on the side of the incubator to allow the father to at least touch his baby. The rapper didn't protest to that quickly reaching in. He gently ran his finger tips against the baby's soft skin. Taehyung watched from behind feeling like he was invading a private moment so he snapped a quick picture of the two, he knew Jimin would want it, before walking out of the room and into the waiting room.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here when you were born." He whispered pressing his finger into the baby's palm causing him to make a fist around it. "But don't worry. I'll be here from now on. I promised." The idol sniffed feeling his eyes water up.

"God you're just so precious. Aren't you?" His voice goes up a few notches as his son let out a big yawn. His nose scrunching up as he stuck his tongue out. "You get that from mama. Yeah you really lucked out when it comes to genetics. Doesn't matter what I look like cause your mama definitely made you just as pretty as him. " The male said taking in every detail of his son. His heart soaring with joy.

_____________________________________

If I'm being honest I have lost interest in this book. Idk why I just have. I just find it so uninteresting and boring. I have a conflict that I had in mind, aka the whole Namjoon giving Yoongi that thing a couple chapters ago, but idk I don't even want to write it anymore. Idk guys I might end up giving up on this story 🤷‍♀️