28. Late night crying session

Jimin and Yoongi were exhausted. It had been three weeks since they brought the infant home and he definitely had a good set of lungs. Originally the parents were concerned that they hadn't finished developing properly since he was a little early but the baby was born with a very strong pair of lungs. Even Yoongi's neighbors had pointed out the fact in the hall when Yoongi had stepped out to get the mail. The idol had to apologized since apparently the man could hear Kieran clearly in his own apartment.

"Babe please stop crying." Jimin begged as he paced around the living room. Yoongi was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. It was getting close to an hour of straight crying and nothing was working. They tried feeding him but he wasn't hungry. They changed his diaper to a nice fresh one. They rocked him, sang to him, walked around with him. Nothing. This wasn't even the first time this was happen. No this was the third night in a row and it was becoming more and more frustrating.

"I don't know what to do. What do I do?" Yoongi didn't respond. He simply just stood up gesturing the younger to give him the baby. Jimin's breathing picked up as he handed Kieran to his father. He had tears running down his face in frustration. "I'm a terrible parent. I can't even stop him from crying." He whimpered using the back of his hand to wipe the tears that only continued to run down his face.

"Jimin please calm down." The idol said. "This isn't your fault. This doesn't make you a bad parent. Babies cry sometimes. I think he has colic. We have to take him to the doctor or something." His words were slightly slurred from how tired he was. The raven hair felt awful seeing the exhausted man.

Yoongi was back to work. Since the company wasn't very keen on the male's demand to have a several months off and the idol wasn't willing to do anything that would mean leaving Kieran and Jimin's side for long periods of time so the two compromised. Yoongi would release an album, music video, do comeback stages, and have a couple interviews in Korea and in return he won't have to tour the album and he'd get a three months break, it would would actually be more of a two month break since the last month Namjoon wanted him to work on more music so he had something ready to record and release once he was ready to be back at work fully.

Being back at work meant Yoongi was physically tired from all the dance practice and the countless hours he spent in the studio meanwhile being mentally exhausted from having a newborn. To say Yoongi was battling not to join Kieran and Jimin in their crying was an understatement .

"What if we go for a drive maybe that will help sooth him?" Yoongi suggested.

Jimin nodded grabbing Yoongi's car keys. The idol cringed when the baby's crying amplified when he put him in the car seat. His neighbors must absolutely hate them. More so when they stepped into the hall if they didn't here Kieran before they definitely did when they passed their apartments.

"Jimin can you drive?" The older asked. Jimin nodded stumbling to catch the keys when Yoongi tosses them. "Okay cause there's no way I can without falling asleep and crashing." He yawned getting in the back with the baby. They spent about thirty minutes before parking in the side of the road so they could feed Kieran and change his diaper again. He soon went back to crying and at this point the parents were beyond worried. "Let's go back Wait a little and if it doesn't stop we'll go to the hospital to see if there is something wrong." Yoongi said. Jimin nodded doing as told.

Yoongi and Jimin made small conversation to prevent the driver to fall asleep since they were both running low on energy. "Jimin." Yoongi whispered once they stepped out of the car. The boy hummed. "You hear that?" The younger just stared at him waiting for the man to take the baby out of the car. He could careless about any random noise. "Quiet. He stopped." Jimin's eyes widened looking into the car to see the baby peacefully sleeping as if he hadn't kept his parents up for hours.

Yoongi gently took the car seat out. Jimin closing the door as quietly as he could. He questioned if he even closed it at all. "Finally." Yoongi mumbled placing the car seat on the ground next to his side of the bed since there was zero chance he would risk waking the baby to put him in his bassinet.

The idol had always appreciated sleep but ever since Kieran came into the world he really cherished it and cursed himself for all the times he refused to go to sleep because of work.

"Wake me before you leave." Jimin mumbled plopping down next the the man on the bed. After the first night of being home there was no way Jimin could let Yoongi sleep on the recliner. The man never complained once but it was obvious he had slept terrible so Jimin offered to share his bed. What was Yoongi gonna do? Say no? They've been sleeping in the same bed ever since. 'Jimin's room' unknowingly turning into 'their room'.

It was odd in the sense that their relationship was very unclear. They weren't together. They were just coparents who happened to sleep in the same bed and occasionally cuddle subconsciously in their sleep. Jimin never spoke about it when he would wake up feeling warm and safe in Yoongi's arms. Yoongi wouldn't speak about the times he woke up before the younger and couldn't help but admire his beauty.

They both individually had thought about bringing up getting back together. Officially becoming boyfriends. It was just something neither of them could find the bravery to bring up. So they just left the relationship status up in the air hoping for the other to initiate the conversation.

__________________________________

I changed chapter 21 a bit so if you'd like you can go reread that but it's not really necessary tbh I just had to change that since the conflict I was gonna create with that will no longer happen. I'm trying to end this story soon.