Chapter 6: Sweet Like Candy

A/N: So I think i'll be doing something a bit different in the notes for some more engagement. I'll ask a question for you guys! Leave your answers in the comments or dm me. I read all my dms and comments; whenever I get them lol. I'll even answer the question too so you all can learn a bit more about the guy that is PleasantMajority!

***************

River:

        I took a sip of my milkshake as the buzzing crowd around the food court almost deafened me. I was out shopping for new clothes with Joshua as he said I dressed like an old man.

"I seriously don't think what I wear has an effect. I'm a tall potato." I huffed as my best friend was going on about ways to boost my confidence. It was the weekend of the first week of school. And me and Joshua found ourselves going to the mall outside of town.

"He dresses really well. He might appreciate some style on a man." Joshua urged.

"We don't even know if he's gay too." I huffed, slumping down in my chair.

      We studied over at my place yesterday. And it was literally just that. He didn't even flirt like he'd usually do. And needless to say I was starting to feel like this crush would be just like all my others.

"What straight guy wears shorts that scandalously short?" Joshua challenged.

"I've literally seen you wear swimtrunks just as short." I quipped back in return.

"Fair point." He hummed, seeming to be going back to the drawing board.

"Its going to get cold soon. So we're pulling out something aggressive to amplify what you've already got. You might just attract some female attention though." He said thoughtfully after he balled up his burger wrapper.

"And what did you have in mind?" I asked, genuinely curious as we were already having trouble finding something that was both long enough for my tall frame. Yet wasn't too big to where it swallowed me whole.

"Grey sweatpants. A man's best friend aside from dogs of course." He replied, a devious grin on his lips.

"I..." I began, my voice trailing off.

"Draw in his attention with your greatest asset?" He asked innocently, wiggling his eyebrows with a goofy grin.

"You're really starting to make me insecure about my penis." I huffed.

"Its beautiful. No homo. Fuck it. I'm envious." He rambled as he actually got me laughing.

      Suddenly he snorted and I turned around in the direction he was looking. I choked on my shake as I saw Wyatt walking beside another older man.

"Go get your lanky ass over there. I'll be a text away." Joshua urged hurriedly.

"You suck." I replied, feeling too nervous to get up. They entered a Forever 21 across the way, my heart racing all the same.

"Just look natural. Like oh my gosh funny seeing you here. But not exactly like that you know." As he gathered me up and began pushing me off.

      He wouldn't leave me a choice. I took some comforting sips of my strawberry milkshake before shakily making my way into the store. With my height I spotted the taller older man Wyatt was with. I walked around, feeling like a total creep. I lost sight of them, turning onto an aisle of shoes and coming face to face with them. I was a nervous wreck as his eyes met mine.

"H-hey Wyatt." I stammered.

      The man beside him looked a little lost as he and Wyatt gave me nearly identical waves.