Chapter 9: Barricades

A/N: We catch up with Wyatt when the dust is starting to settle. We'll see how he copes with this pain. But I personally think he's in good hands! 

****************

Wyatt:

         There was a ring at the doorbell. I was home alone as Sherri was out with Sam. She probably needed a distraction from the bad news. I couldn't blame her anyway. I limped my way downstairs, water dripping from my curls of hair as I'd been fresh out of the shower. I wanted so badly to forget what happened last night. I didn't want to talk about it. Didn't want to be reminded of it. I went into the kitchen to grab something to defend myself, having felt on edge. Having a sizable knife I headed for the door, knife poised behind my back. I opened it, revealing a shocked looking River, grey skies behind him making me want to curl up in blankets and never leave the house.

"H-hey." He stammered, not seeming to know what to say. He did that often. But it seemed different this time.

"I was raped. Not murdered." I muttered softly, recoiling a bit into myself as to how abrasive what I said was.

"I-I can leave if you want. I wanted to leave homework and flowers with you." He stuttered clumsily.

       I wanted to be alone. But at the same time it was unnerving being home alone. I'd accidentally called River last night. I meant to call my father but mistakenly pressed the wrong number. My phone was seconds away from dying so I hoped he'd answer. And he did. For that I was grateful. I stepped aside, gesturing for him to enter, closing and locking the door behind him.

"Living room is straight ahead and to the left." I sighed, returning to the kitchen to discard of the knife I'd picked up. I headed back through the kitchen into the livingroom where River sat on a couch, looking clearly uncomfortable.

"I'm fine River." I sighed, slowly sinking into a chair full of plush blankets, wrapping myself in their soothing embrace.

"Are you sure?" He asked, eyes worried.

      I simply nodded, turning my attention back to the television. That silence wore on for what felt like hours. Until River finally said something.

"This might be the worst possible time to say this." He said, standing up and walking to stand before me. I cocked a questioning brow, hoping to not be questioned as to what happened to me.

"I-I like you Wyatt." He said, blind-siding me. I however recovered quickly, shakily standing up as my body was still pretty battered.

      This was a moment that was bound to happen. And it was perfect. A distraction is what I needed. No. I needing something that made me feel normal. And River was someone who could give me that. Someone to stop me from thinking about my body being defiled. I grasped him by his shirt, spinning us around and sitting him on the chair i'd just been sitting on. He looked confused and starry-eyed. I descended upon him gently, straddling his lap as I captured his face in my hands. It was as if seconds stretched into years as he looked down at my lips, licking his own nervously. Our lips met in a simple and soft kiss. It was brief and when I pulled away I felt his length already standing at attention underneath me. It made me shudder as memories flooded back. But I bit down internally and told myself I needed this.

"Cool." I said simply.

"Wait. You? Huh?" He rambled, seeming confused.

"I'm not stupid." I sighed as he didn't seem to know what to do with his hands. I was pretty inexperienced too when it came to things like this.

"Am I dreaming?" He questioned, breathing rapid.

"No." I replied.

      He seemed ready to say something else until I shut him up with another kiss. This time he'd returned it; albeit clumsily. It was enough for me. Things were starting to get heated when I'd felt his hands rest on my waist. I pulled away in brief moments to breath, noticing a bandage on his cheek. I'd question that later. Though suddenly he pulled away, panting for breath.