Chapter 12: Puchito

A/N: Just who is this "puchito"? Wyatt of course. This chapter takes place the Monday after the date on Saturday. I'm really adamant about maintaining a timeline, sorry!

**************

River:

"He's such a catch that even old little Marley gets excited when she sees him." My dad teased, Joshua snickering a bit.

      We were recounting when he was over for dinner. Wyatt could be a tease, but his manners and kindness were unmatched I was sure. I found myself blushing at how he helped my dad finish off cooking our meal, even offering to do the dishes before he went back home.

"Josh you're supposed to be on my side." I complained, seeing him come back with another shrug.

"Well i'll be out of you boy's hair. Get that studying done." My dad said, beaming because he was off on a date of his own.

"Go get 'em tiger." Joshua cheered on as my dad left with a chuckle.

"So since I've been dying to gossip, let us go my student." Joshua grinned giddily as he grasped my wrist, leading me up the stairs to my room.

      He'd been wanting to pry out the details of my date the moment I got home. But I could never seem to have my thoughts together; going off on tangents about how much I liked Wyatt. He plopped onto my bed, patting the space beside him. I laid beside him, resting my head on his chest.

"How'd the date go after I left?" Joshua asked.

"Really good. He was so amazing Joshua. You should have been there." I began excitedly, hearing a chuckle rumble in his chest.

"You sound super happy. Did you smash?" He questioned, his voice sounding humored.

      I felt my face heating up as I thought of the prospect of that. 

"No." I replied simply, deciding to stay honest.

"So what did you guys do?" He asked, comforting me with how interested he seemed.

"We went for a walk on the beach. He told off Braden and his idiots." I went on, realizing I slipped up a bit. The last time Joshua heard about Braden and his lackeys harming me he got suspended for finding them after school and roughing them up.

      It helped for about a week or so. Until they came for me again.

"And afterwards we went back to my place for dinner with dad." I wrapped up, listening in on Joshua's heartbeat as I rested my head on his chest.

      Just when he was about to say something Marley came into my room whimpering. I knew that as a sign she wanted to go out on a walk. With her getting up in age she wasn't always active. So when she made requests my dad and I obliged. 

"Walking time? How about we swing by loverboy's?" Joshua questioned as I sat up; a little fast might I add.

"Why must you tease me?" I cried, getting a playful smack on the back of the head as Joshua got up, pulling some funny faces at Marley getting her riled up and excited.

"I'm rooting for you. I want all the details of this relationship brother." Joshua grinned at me as I got up as well, heading downstairs alongside him and Marley.

     Joshua fetched the leash, tossing it to me as Marley trotted over. Finished preparing we headed out as Joshua seemed to be thinking, a mischievous grin on his face as I saw his gaze over at Wyatt's house. Wyatt was actually outside, seemingly tending to their meticulous flowerbeds in the company of two men. One tall and the other relatively short. I recognized the shorter one as the man Cruz who had come to visit him.