Chapter 22: Bad Girl

A/N: Worry not. The chapter name isn't some message. Just a case of the song 100% inspiring this chapter. That's typically how writing this book goes for me. I'll fixate on a song and listen to it the entire time i'm writing a chapter. So whenever I sit down to write i'll play the song that inspired the chapter! I'm a spazz. We been knew~!

*************

River:

        I was leaving the dry cleaners in our town, tux in tow for the fall formal. Me and Wyatt didn't get fancy over the colors or anything like many others did; just opting for mostly black. Walking down the sidewalk my heart dropped when I saw none other than Braden and some other jocks on the football team. I held my tuxedo to me closely, trying to brace for impact. They didn't see me initially and I knew running would alert them and make things nastier.

"Look who we have here." Braden cheered, putting some pep in his step as he drew closer. I was caught by the shoulders, pulled into their mix as they bundled around me. My heart was racing to say the least. They never beat me in public so perhaps I was okay.

"Where's your bitch?" Braden sneered as he ran his knuckles down my ribs roughly. That would certainly leave a bruise.

"I-I-I..." I stammered, wanting to reach for my phone and call for help. But I was stuck. They'd probably pull me into a forest and beat me at this rate.

"Who would think someone like him had fight in him. He was always girly." Braden cackled, getting murmurs of agreement from his lackeys. I paused, standing rigid on the spot. I didn't mind them talking about me. But I never liked when they badmouthed Wyatt.

"He's more of a man than you'll all ever be." I said; probably rather foolishly.

     Braden's grin grew into something wicked and sinister as I felt the arms of his goons grasp me firmly. Braden cracked his knuckles as they practically shielded him from the sight of any potential onlookers.

"What happened the last time you thought it was a good idea to talk back huh?" He questioned. Though before I could answer I felt my cheek stung and my head whipped to the side as I was backhanded. For some reason that had my eyes stinging with tears emotion welling up inside me.

"Why do you guys always torment the fuck out of me! What did I ever do to you!" I shouted, tearing myself from their grips and about to run.

"He thinks he's got some balls Braden." A guy named Cory snickered.

     Before I could back away I was caught by the collar, Braden looking like he stopped caring about leaving me visibly bruised. Just as he cocked his fist back a car horn honked beside us. He released me as I looked over and saw a large pitch-black SUV.

"Run along boys." A man wearing some expensive looking shades said. I was roughly shoved as I stood there frozen. I'd never seen this car in town before.

"T-thank you." I spoke when I collected my thoughts.

"You're River Moore right? I have something to speak to you about." The man said from the backseat window of the vehicle.

"I am?" I stated, perplexed and feeling uneasy all over again.

"May I have a word?" He asked, his tone flat. Everyone learned not to talk to strangers.

"I'll have my driver wait outside. I ensure you you're in good hands." He said, his tone velvety.

"Erm...Okay." I agreed nervously as I approached the SUV as I saw a man from up front step out and stand in front of the car.

     I slipped into the posh interior of the car, heart hammering in my chest.

"You're dating Wyatt Maddox correct?" He asked.