Q&A

A/N: So in this chapter i'll be answering questions I couldn't quite answer in the story. Or some I have been asked about or would think i'd be asked about! Hopefully this answers some questions you all may have!

*****************

Q: What inspired this story?

A: Honestly it kind of came from no where. I was at a laundromat some years ago and it inspired another book. And that book then inspired this one. I kind of wanted to write a romance that wasn't super typical where everything happened smoothly. Or where first love was the only love. Fairytales like that don't happen often in reality. So for those of us who have had awkward ventures into romance ourselves get something to chuckle at or relate to. And I hope that conveyed well! I also wanted something sweet and retro themed; as it doesn't get a lot of elaboration here.

Q: Character inspiration?

A: I could write thousands of words about what inspired this cast of characters. I wanted my characters all to have a flaw despite their good qualities. Wyatt seems perfect but he's self neglectful and stubborn in all the wrong ways. And there is the whole mutism thing he deals with earlier on into the book. River is precious but his self-esteem is really low. He's naive as well when it comes to coping with things like bullies. But I can't fault him for that. Joshua is a good friend to River and doesn't have too many glaring character flaws; aside from him basically being a hormonal monster. Sherri is honestly a little self-absorbed. She doesn't mind crying on Wyatt's shoulder. But doesn't go to the lengths he'd go to for her to cry on his shoulder. That isn't to say she doesn't love her brother though! Aaron is honestly young. So I intentionally didn't give him anything too glaring or obvious. All in all each and every character is inspired by a person I've encountered in my life being a people-observer!

Q: Will any other character's get their own book?"

A: Getting straight to the point. Cruz has his own book. Although I wrote it hastily and unpublished it. It's currently undergoing a total rework. But I absolutely love Cruz's character and can't wait to share the intricacies that is him. I really wish I got to show him off in this book. But he wasn't the main focus and I wanted to stay on task. As far as other characters getting their romance stories written I don't think so. Unironically I feel uncomfortable writing heterosexual romances. I've tried my best in other works to deliver those. But a whole book devoted to that? I'm not sure. If the demand were high enough perhaps I would!

Q: What can we expect in Cruz book?

A: Duro Amor; as it's titled. Will follow Cruz's struggle with finding love as a gay man in an incredibly dangerous environment. The object of his affection is something he's strongly drawn to. But at the same time will it end in death like the men he's pursued before? You all will just have to read the book to find out!

Q: Alternate endings?

A: One of the endings would have required the story go in a different direction as a whole. It wouldn't have a sequel. But it would have been a longer story. At the end Wyatt and River would have ended up dying, having gotten sucked into the wake of Cruz's life. The other would have involved Wyatt and River living a happily ever after. I didn't quite like that one. So seeing as I wanted a sequel, this ending got the greenlight.

Q: When can we expect the next book?

A: As of the completion of this book and at this moment I have 5 chapters written! It will take me quite some time to finish; as I'm trying to make sure I deliver a quality romance. It won't be quite like anything I've written before. It will border erotica. I'll have to be blunt, raunchy, naughty, and complicated. I'm not really good at those things. So it will be a challenge. So in short, give me a few months and I'll be back to sharing again!

**********************

A/N: I kept this little Q&A short and sweet. If any of you lovely people have questions feel free to either comment them or DM me! I'd be more than happy to answer them. Until next time!