II. Sandy Insomnia

JAKKU, 34 ABY

Ominous music echoed and white and black helmets rattled. They were aboard a star destroyer. One of them began to breathe heavily and looked over their shoulder.

 One of them began to breathe heavily and looked over their shoulder

I awoke with a start, my red hair a mess around me. I looked out the window to see the still dark sky staring back. I groaned quietly trying not to awake Rey. I quietly stepped out of our home and grabbed my stormtrooper blaster. I kept it after one of our days scavenging. Rey wanted me to sell it but I refused. I began to wander until I saw a tiny village on the outskirts of Jakku.

This village was different. I saw an old man open the tent to welcome a dark haired man inside. An x-wing and a droid waited for him. Desperate for information, I went to the backside and watched it unfold through the thin fabric. I saw the old man, Lor San Tekka hand the dark haired man a bag. Even through the tent the dark haired man looked handsome.

This will begin to make things right." Lor said. I've travelled too far and seen too much to ignore the despair in the galaxy. Without the Jedi, there can be no balance in the force." Pfft, the Jedi aren't real. The Skwalkers were just showoffs. Things just happened for them. The dark haired man finally spoke. "Well, because of you we now have a chance. The General has been after this for a long time." he said. Lor scoffed. "To me she's royalty." The surviving princess of Alderann. After that she joined the rebellion and helped her brother, Luke destroy both of the Death Stars. It came out several years later that they were the children of Darth Vader. He was a person once but I didn't really care. Luke and his crazy nephew were killed on an island where he was training Jedi. Leia, like Lor said, was a general.

Then the driod ran in beeping frantically. I only caught a few words it said but 2 made me run. "Beeep beeep, boob, First order, beep booop." the droid said frantically. I ran away as the handsome man ran out and boarded his x-wing. I didn't see what happened next but the sound of gunfire confirmed my fears. I returned home to see Rey sitting cross legged on our bed. She saw my fear and hugged me. We laid back down and went to sleep.