XXX. Half

I sucked in a breath as the room fell silent. Rey and Ben looked at each other with tears in their eyes. I was conflicted mostly. If Rey joined him, I would possibly never see her again. However, if he joined us, that was a different story. Slowly I saw Rey raise her hand. It then jetted forward, pulling her saber from his grasp. I stuck out my hand as well, hoping to summon it to me. It just hung in the air as I noticed Ben trying to take it as well.

The iconic lightsaber was trapped in the middle of us, trying to go 3 different directions. We began to struggle. The force suddenly pushed us back a bit but we still remained standing. I saw the lightsaber begin to shake, I felt the crystal inside begin to crack. I felt sweat pour down my face. Rey let out a yell as the effort suddenly began to be too much. It was too strong for all of us.

Then there was a bright light that enveloped us as the lightsaber snapped in two, the haves flying in both Ben and Rey's direction. The force blew us back and the world got dark as I felt the ship we were on tear in half. Nothing was whole anymore.

...

I jerked awake suddenly. I felt the world around me to be warm as fire burned around me. The red torn walls were an indication of where I was. I was still in the throne room. Was I the first to awake? I then heard footsteps clicking against the tile. I quickly stood up, ignoring the blood rush to my head. I saw that Ben was here, but where was Rey? The halves of the saber were gone.

I stretched out my hand summoning my blaster and lightsaber. I clipped the lightsaber on my waist as the footsteps got closer. The doors opened only for me to see General Hux stride in. His pace suddenly quickened as he walked past me and to the body of Snoke, who fell to the floor with a smack. Hux then looked over his shoulder.

"Did you do this, scum?" Hux asked. I was confused. The one part I had in this was that I was in the room when it happened. I did kill the guards but Snoke was Ben's kill.

"No." I found myself saying, the words feeling wrong on my tongue. As if on cue, I saw Ben's body begin to stir. Hux reached into his jacket. I could see the shine of a blaster as my cousin jerked awake.

"Rey?" He said above a whisper

"Rey?" He said above a whisper. "What happened?" Hux asked as his voice laced with anger. The pieces in Ben's head begin to form, a lie connected. " The girl murdered Snoke." Ben said quickly as he stood up, staring out at the stars for a moment. He then turned to face me. "What happened?" He asked. I shook my head. I didn't know. Hux answered instead. "She took Snoke's escape craft." Without me. She left me, like on Ach-To.

"We know where she's going. Get all our forces down to that Resistance base. Let's finish this." Ben said with authority and he grabbed my arm. "Finish this? Who do you think you're talking to? You presumed to command my army? Our Supreme Leader is dead! " Hux exclaimed. Ben suddenly stood still. I saw a scowl form across his features. "We have no ruler!" Suddenly the air seemed as if it was sucked from the room. Hux's hands flew to his throat as he collapsed to his knees, gasping for air. I saw the way Ben's hand curled. He was choking him!

"The Supreme Leader is dead." Ben shouted at him. Ben just declared himself Supreme Leader. Was this why he killed Snoke? Not for me and Rey, but for himself?

"Long live the Supreme Leader." Hux choked out. Ben released him as Hux fell over, passing out. He grabbed my arm again, rougher this time and forced me on the elevator. We stepped out onto the floor below as fires rampaged through the ones below. The damage to the ship was massive. Bits of the cruiser and glass was strewn about.

"Ren?" A trooper asked. "What's the order?" Ben sighed. "Supreme leader Snoke is dead, he appointed me leader as his dying breath. The scavenger killed him." "Do we hunt her down?" An officer asked. This officer was an older man.

"No officer Pryde." Ben said. "Put a bounty out, but I want her alive." Pryde nodded. "Of her?" Pryde asked looking to me. Ben opened his mouth to answer. But I had already formed a plan of my own. "I came willingly." I spoke. "I commit myself to the First Order."