XXIX. Time to Save

Finn and Rose had been caught. Resistance transports were fired upon. And the three of us fought for our lives.

Ben on his own took on 3 guards, his lightsaber colliding with the guards spikes. Rey and I took on 2. One broke free from her attacks and changed at me with a flaming spike. I looked over my shoulder to see Rey pulled foward by a weapon, only to break free diving under its arm and slicing up its back.

One down.

The guard I was up against took its spike and forced the burning part into my shoulder. I saw pieces of the guard Rey fought fly over my head. The guard suddenly pushed me back and stood before Rey and I. It broke apart its weapon to make into 2 flaming knives. It charged at us both as we took it on with a shout.

On the other side of the room, Ben fought one as another charged at his side

On the other side of the room, Ben fought one as another charged at his side. They both had spears. He swiftly brought his saber down, the cross guard caught in the two spears. Two more charged as he drove his lightsaber into one. Rey saw my concern. She nodded at me to help him.

I ran across the room, doing a force backflip. Ben and I now stood back to back as 3 guards circled us. His eyes landed on Rey before we readied ourselves. I took on the one behind us. Ben sliced at it before turning to the other two in front. I drove my saber into the same one, slicing up to where it's body laid in half. I ran to the other one as Ben took the spear from it. It was an easy kill as I quickly sliced. I thought it to be dead. It wasn't as the guard pushed be back and charged at him again. Ben took it down quickly. We nodded at each other as a guard caught him off guard, causing him to drop his saber. The guard forced it's spear around his neck, to choke him. I looked at Rey to see the guard best her, trapping her arm in it's grasp. I ran to them as she struggled to break free. I raised my saber to strike the guard only for ey to drop the saber and slice the guard in two. We turned to still see Ben struggle. I took the saber from her hands. "Ben!" I shouted extinguishing the saber and tossing it across the room. He caught it and turned it on to go through the the guards eye. Ben pushed the guard off of him. I ran to the monitors.

"We need to save the fleet." I said, turning my head expecting to see Rey at my side. She wasn't. Instead her and Ben's eyes were locked on one another across the room, each with a newfound view of one another. If I didn't know any better I would think of them to be in love.

Oh.

But we didn't have time for this right now. Rey then noticed me.

"Right. The fleet!" She said running to me. Ben could stop the attack. "Order them to stop firing. There's still time to save the fleet." We both turned back to see Ben cautiously approach the former throne of Snoke. "Ben?" Rey questioned heartbroken and confused. Ben meanwhile shook with anger.

"It's time to let old things die." My cousin said suddenly. "Snoke, Skywalker. The Sith, the Jedi, the Rebels, let it all die." He approached Rey as if I suddenly no longer existed in the room. He raised his hand. "Rey. I want you to join me." Rey looked at him no longer lustful, but in fear. He continued. "We can rule together and bring a new order to the galaxy." Rey shook her head. "Don't do this, Ben. Please don't go this way." Ben's demeanor shifted.

"No." He said. "No. You're still holding on! The both of you. Let go!" "Do you wanna know the truth about your parents? Or have you always known? And you've just hidden it away. You know the truth. " He said as tears began to flow down her face. "Ben stop." I said. "Legacies don't matter." "But they do." Ben said as he looked back to Rey. He got closer to her. "Say it." Anger cut through his voice before he shifted to a gentler tone. "Say it." I looked to Rey who was full on sobbing now.

"They were nobody." Rey finally said. I knew she wished he was in my place, with a famous Jedi father, a way to make an explanation for her powers easier.

"They were filthy junk traders who sold you off to keep you safe from the world. But you know that's not true, you saw them buying booze with the money that sold you with. They're dead in a paupers' grave in the Jakku desert." I knew by looking at Ben he had pulled the truth from her head. Meaning she had known since we found her.

"You knew the whole time." I said. "You knew they were gone but yet you kept us on Jakku for what? Corpses?" "I'm sorry." Rey said. "That doesn't cut it. You had my mother, she cared about you so much and you turned her away so you could hope some deadbeats would come back for you."

"Lillian." Ben said. "She doesn't have a place in this story." He looked back to her.

"You come from nothing. You're nothing. But not to me. Join me." Ben said as Rey stopped crying as her eyes darted up to his. He approached her with his hand outstretched. "Please."