XVII. Red Snow

The saber crackled over the wind. "We're not done yet." Kylo Ren said. I reached into my coat pocket. The cold metal of the saber in my hand. It was almost on instinct. "You're a monster." Rey said. "It's just us now." Kylo said. "Han Solo can't save you." He then began to press down on his wound, smacking it as blood stained the snow. Rey then grabbed my blaster. She pointed it at him before Kylo grabbed her with the force and pushed her against a tree. A sickening snap was heard as she collided with it. "Rey" Finn said. He rushed to her side, cradling her unconscious body. I was at Finn's side as well. We heard the saber move and the crunch of snow. "Traitor!" Kylo shouted. Finn's face hardened. I pulled the lightsaber for my pocket and handed it to him. He gladly took it standing up and extinguishing the blue blade.

"That lightsaber. It belongs to me." He said. He looked to me briefly before looking back at Finn. "Come and get it." Finn said as they charged at each other. Sabers clashed. Finn struggled against the more talented fighter. Kylo quickly overpowering him. Finn fell to the ground. Kylo pressed the wound again. "Finn!" I shouted. He got back up attacking him again. The flight continued as Kylo pinned Finn up against a tree, pressing one of the cross guards into Finn's shoulder. Finn screamed as I felt Rey's body stir. Kylo sliced at a tree and Finn jabbed his shoulder. Finn was overpowered again as Kylo forced the saber out of Finn's hand and into the snow a few feet away. I extended my hand, praying for it to come to me, hoping for it to work.

Kylo slicked up Finn's back, knocking him out. I saw Kylo turn extending his hand for the saber as well. Rey stood up and extended her hand as well. Three forces called the saber and only one to have it. The saber moved through the air. Past Ren, past Rey. To me.

I was stunned. I nodded as Rey rushed to Finn's aid. I expected it to go to Rey. I only has feelings of the force, never using it. Rey had used it. I leveled my footing and charged at him. Our sabers crackled. "Finally embracing your legacy." Kylo said. "I don't know what you're talking about." I said as I blocked another attack. "Remember." He said as he lowered his defense. I took my chance and swung the saber towards his abdomen. I suddenly had a flash of memory at the worst time.

"Stargaze" a voice said. It was of a man. His sandy blonde hair looked at me with love. "I'm sorry but you need to leave. "Daddy." I cried. "Darling, let's go." My mother said. "Mera, I know you don't want to but the darkness in him grows, he'll kill her if he gets the chance." My father said. He placed a hand on my shoulder as there was a blackness.

"You do." Kylo said realizing the look on my face. "Perhaps this will jog it more." He said as I felt the saber get warm against my arm. It moved up and I collapsed to the ground in pain. My own blood stained the snow red. My severed hand still clutching the saber a few feet away. My eyesight got fuzzy. I saw Kylo go to grab the saber. He raised his saber above me. "I'm sorry it has to be like this Lilly." he said. "But I don't have a choice. Then a force grabbed the saber from his hand. Rey gripped the saber. Kylo looked at her in awe. 

Rey, from nowhere, calling the Skywalker lightsaber to her

Rey, from nowhere, calling the Skywalker lightsaber to her. She switched it on. Their sabers clashed. Moving through the forest. Slicing down trees in their wake. Rey seemed to overpower him immensely despite him having years of training. She stabbed at him. Then Kylo gained the upper hand. The ground cracked. Rey swaying on the edge.

"You need a teacher." he said. "I can show you the ways of the force." "The force" she whispered. She thought for a moment before closing her eyes. Her stance became powerful. Radiating pure power of the lightside and darkside of the force. She opened her eyes and charged at him. That was the last thing I saw before pain enveloped me and I passed out.