XXXI. Ridiculous

"Why surrender?" Ben asked me once we were out of earshot. "I want to." I said. "And you have another motive." He chimed in. "To protect the resistance, save the scavenger." "Really." I said annoyed. "You saved her quite well from Snoke, from me in the elevator, when you interrogated her. She said you felt like you would never hurt her." "You're being ridiculous." He said. "No you are. You love Rey don't you."

Ben stopped. He guided me around a corridor, towards the direction of the hangar where the ships were kept.

"Don't say that ever again. I don't love Rey. You cannot love as a Jedi."His words were quiet. I knew he was lying, of course he would deny it. I was about to retort back when I was pushed onto a ship. Hux was on the ship as well.

"I see you've recovered General." Ben sassed. "I have, no thanks to your friend." Hux said. Once they were sure the stormtroopers were on the ships we took off to Crait.

CRAIT

We exited hyperspace onto the mineral planet of Crait. I would have admired it's beauty if I wasn't trying to quietly form a plan in my head. A dark cloak was draped around my shoulders in an effort to hide my dark clothing and my lightsaber still attached to me. There was a battering ram cannon screwed into the ground. I could see resistance soldiers running frantic. Suddenly crafts emerged from the base, moving towards us. Red sparks of salt moved beneath them. Puffs of red appeared at the legs of AT-AT's. Finally Hux looked over his shoulder at Ben.

"13 incoming light craft. Shall we hold until we clear them?" Hux asked. I could just hear his dislike if Ben in his voice alone. "No. The Resistance is in that mine. Push through." Ben said. "To kill?" I asked. "To take." He responded. Of course, he didn't want Leia dead.

The AT-ATs advanced. The ship we were on moved with them. Tie-fighters joined in as well, blasting at my friends below. I could sense them beginning to move in, go for the kill as a blast threw them off. The Millennium Falcon soared above. I could sense Rey inside, manning the blasters. Ben's face shifted and ran forward.

"Blow that piece of junk out of the sky!" Ben shouted. "All fighters!" Hux ordered his army. It would make sense. Rey would use the falcon to drive the battle and attacks from the resistance onto her. The speeders got closer. The blaster warmed.

Ben ran forward, realizing what Rey was doing. "All firepower on those speeders!" Ben ordered. "Concentrate all fire on the speeders!" Hux said but louder. 

I bit my lip to stifle a laugh at Ben stared at his general, heavily annoyed

The brigades continued. Speeders began to implode, some broke off. All but one. I knew who it was. Finn. I could see the cannon fire, shooting out a beam of light at the base. I saw the speeder disappear from sight as another flew down. Probably Rose in an effort to save him.

A final blast was fired at the base. The door had cracked open. Ben spoke low.

"General Hux, advance." He said. "No quarter. No prisoners." He lied. I felt the hope in my fizzle out, as I sensed in Leia. Then the hope swelled again. I could sense him walking into the base. Dad.

I hid my smile. Words began to echo in my head: "No one's ever really gone." I saw Ben stiffen, anger clouded him once more as Dad stepped onto the field. Ben ordered everything to stop moving.

"I want every gun we have to fire on that man." Ben said. The ones at the control panel looked at him uncertain. Hux raised a brow. "Do it." Ben said as the loud blasts began. Red smoke obscuring him. This was my chance. I backed up to the back of the ship. I hit the word buttons which I assumed opened the hatch. They would notice the rush of air. Neverless, I opened the hatch. I jumped as Hux ran to my direction and Ben looked over his shoulder.

When I hit the planet, I felt the air knocked out of me, feeling bruises form. I had probably broken my ribs but at this point I didn't care. The firing stopped as I made my way to him. My father looked different. His hair was shorter, lighter and not as grey. He also looked to be more in shape. This was him but yet it wasn't. He had also survived the blasts, brushing salt from his shoulder. Ben's ship lowered.

"Dad no." I said realizing what was happening. He projected himself here. "Dad." The ship opened and Ben stepped out. I felt a force blow me back. I smacked against a wall, falling to the floor with a groan.