XXXV. At Last

AJAN-KLOSS, 35 ABY

I felt like I was drowning. I knew this was a dream but it felt so real. I trapped in the tossing waves. Voices screaming my name moved around me. I could hear sabers clashing among the waves. I could see the faint outline of the death star II among the waves. Then it sucked me under.

"Skywalker." a sinister voice said. "Finish my journey." The voices of my mother and Leia said.

I was suddenly in a desert, the sun warming my cold, wet clothes. I could see Rey and Ben, pulling at a ship in the air. Lightning then shot out of Rey's hands.

"At last." The voice said once more. "I waisted time with him when you and the scavenger were under my nose." Lightning shot down, nearly missing me. I wasn't even in the desert anymore. I was in a dark place, not even sure where.

I turned to see a figure before me in all black and it's skin was ghostly white

"I've waited so long for the daughter of my apprentice and Skywalker to come to me." He said. "I didn't come to you." I argued back. "So why are you here?" He seemed to float down to me. "Why did your mother, allow me to be here?" "She didn't." I argued back to the ghost.

Lightning struck again. It illuminated his face. I knew who I was speaking to now. Emperor Palpatine himself. Palpatine grinned wickedly. His plans seemed to already be in motion.

"No!" I screamed.

"Lillian!" Poe exclaimed as my eyes snapped open. "Are you alright?" I wrapped the blanket of the bed we shared around me. I didn't know what to say. I felt his hand brush my face. I didn't even realize the tears running down my face. I shook my head.

"No." I finally said. "Something." I struggled to find my words. Poe didn't understand the force as I did. "Something unnatural has happened." Poe looked confused. "What does that mean?" "I think the Sith survived."

...

The following day continued as if dreams didn't plague me. I could tell Poe was worried. We had begun what other cultures call dating.

I went to the mess hall on our base and sat beside Rey, Finn, and Rose. Finn and Rose briefly dated for a bit but called it quits after a couple of galactic standard months. They still remained friends, which is what I was grateful for. Rey had begun her training again, this time by Leia.

In all hours of the day, Resistance fighters would return bloody and bruised from battle. I would accompany them occasionally. I felt as if I took after my father, running into battle headfirst. I then felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" Rey asked. "Yes." I lied. Rey frowned. I noticed her hair was back in 3 buns. The way she wore it on Jakku. "For training." Rey replied. I couldn't tell if she was lying or not. Then a crackle on our systems that make us all jump. I saw Leia walk out of the mess hall and out to the forest. Rey and I, sensing a disturbance, followed her.

"It's." Rey began. "Something unnatural." I finished as a voice began to boom around us, across the galaxy.

"At last the work of generations is complete." The late Emperor spoke."The great error is corrected." Poe and Finn ran out to join us. I embraced the pull on the force. I could sense my cousin was a shocked as we were.

"The day of victory is at hand." At this point, I could practically see my mother pulling what was left of Palpatine's body into a cloning machine. Making the Sith whole again.

"The day of revenge. The day of the Sith!"