LIV. Lillian

The war ended 6 months ago. There are still small armadas of the First Order and sympathizers out there still but would not remain much longer with our constant attacks. Some of the resistance members were beginning to move back to their areas of the galaxy to celebrate our victory, including Chewie, who wanted to return to his family on Kashyyyk. Now only, Rey, Poe, Finn, Rose, Hux, Ben, I, and a few handful of others remained on Ajan Kloss.

For the most part Ben was still kept in a cell but with more of a free rein on the base except for the force restriction cuffs on his wrists. I noticed how he was oddly patient with C3P0, unlike our parents before and how D-0 would twirl around him declaring his happiness. My friends were beginning to trust him more each day. Finn was beginning his Jedi training with Rey and I received some more training from Ben and Rey. On this particular day we all sat in the mess hall. I was next to Poe while Rey and Ben sat across from us. Rose sat next to us across from Finn.

"I have something I need to do." Rey simply and suddenly said. She wore a white outfit much like the one she wore during Exegol but with a cropped white hooded vest and a grey tank under the white wraps. Her hair was in her buns once more. "We need to do something with your mother and father's sabers." Rey had made her own lightsaber with no use for her former masters'.

"Like what?" I asked. I wore a grey outfit with a hooded tank, and matching long pants. I woe tall black boots and black armbands. "Doesn't Finn need one for training?" "I'm fine Lilly." He said. He wore what he usually did but a white undershirt, purple pants with a blue stripe up the side and his brown vest. "I can always borrow yours if you're not going to use it." I stuck out my tongue at him as Rey continued. "They need a resting place." "Do you have a place in mind?" Ben asked. Rey nodded as she finished her food and got up.

"Meet me at the Falcon in an hour." She instructed leaving us all in a mix of confusion.

...

Me, Ben, Poe, and Finn walked up the ship ramp. We found Rey and BB-8 on board, fixing a loose pannel. Poe just wore a white top with black pants and boots while Ben wore a black shirt with a black jacket over the top and black pants. Around his wrist, other than the cuffs, was his father's dice, fashioned into a bracelet. Poe went to slide in the pilot seat just as Ben did.

"I'm the best of the resistance." Poe argued. "This is my father's ship." Ben said back. "It'll be hard to fly with handcuffs." Poe said. "If you would take them off I would be ok." Ben said back. Rey and I exchanged a glance as we pushed our lovers aside and slid into the pilot and co-pilot seats.

The men grunted in annoyance. Finn, Rey and I just laughed as Finn slid into the seat behind mine and Poe behind Rey. Ben chose to sit at the game table until we reached our destination.

TATOOINE

I was shocked to see us enter the sandy atmosphere of my father's home planet. We soared beside a sand crawler as we landed outside a small homestead, my father's.

"The Lars homestead?" I asked. "This is where you want to put the sabers to rest?" "I knew you wouldn't like it." Rey said as she exited the cockpit and went to Ben. She pulled Ben up and unlocked the cuffs. "I don't like this either." Ben said. Rey just nodded and exited the ship. Ben and I ran after her. BB-8 trailed behind with objection from Poe.

We walked to the homestead and looked down at the sand coated pavilion below. It had been abandoned for 31 years. Something then caught my eye. A metal board sticking from the sand. Rey pulled it free and grinned. "For old times sake?" She asked. I nodded as we climbed on and pushed ourselves down the sand dune. We shrieked like children upon reaching the bottom. We got up as Ben walked down slowly.

"You guys could have been mature and walked down here like adults." He said. "Where's the fun in that?" I asked. I turned to see Rey wander it with a look of awe on her face. We walked through the home to make our way up by the long dead crops. It smelt of rancid food and burning flesh. I walked into a workshop as Ben stayed in the kitchen. This was my father's. I looked at some of the toys in the corner. One was of an old republic ship. I picked it up and waved it in the air as if it was real and flying through the stars. My heart stopped upon seeing the name scrawled on the side. Stargaze. I smiled as tears welled. I sat the toy down and walked back to Ben, who had mistakenly opened the fridge. It smelt of rancid blue milk. I looked at the table to see half eaten plates of food.

"Ew." He and I both said. We tossed the tables contents into the trash as we exited the home into the bright sunlight. We found Rey sitting in the sand, wrapping Luke and Leia's sabers in an orange cloth. He and I shared a grace before kneeling beside her. "Starting without us." Ben asked. Rey shrugged as she let Ben wrap a cord around them, securing the sabers together. I still wasn't happy with this, even through Ben and I put their remains in Grandmother's tomb on Naboo.

Rey laid her hand on the bundle. Ben put his hand on top of her's and mine on top of his. Rey closed her eyes as she forced the bundle beneath the sand with the force. I could almost hear my Grandfather's protests. He did hate sand after-all. After they settled beneath the sand, Rey unclipped her saber from her belt. It was made from pieces of her staff. Rey switched it on as the colors inside flickered from green, blue, and a brilliant yellow blade emerged. 

Ben smiled, he had yet to build his own but I had a feeling he would someday

Ben smiled, he had yet to build his own but I had a feeling he would someday. Rey looked at the blade with a smile. Then we felt a presence. We stood to see an old woman guiding a creature behind her.

"There's been no one for so long." She said. "Who are you?" "I'm Rey." Rey said with a confidence I had never seen her have. "Lillian Skywalker." I said. "Ben Solo." He said. The woman looked at us again, eyeing Rey specifically. We had given the woman our last names while Rey gave none. "Rey who?" She asked. I glanced at her as Rey's brow furrowed. What could she say? She couldn't say Palpatine. Then we saw something, a twinkle among the horizon. Suddenly 3 figures appeared among the sand and sunset. It was my father and aunt with my grandfather clasping their shoulders. My grandfather and father seemed to almost nod. Rey smiled slightly and grabbed Ben's hand. She looked at me and her smile got bigger. She had finally accepted in me what I wanted all along, a sister.

"Rey Skywalker." Rey said. The woman nodded at us and went on her way. Rey grabbed my hand as well as she led us to the suns setting. BB-8 happily trailed behind as the suns set. Ben kissed Rey's temple and they walked hand in hand back to the Falcon. BB-8 and I stayed there for a minute.

I reached to my belt to grab my lightsaber. Instead my fingers ghosted along my blaster. The one thing I had since I was a child.

"It's alright Stargaze." The murmurs of my father and mother's voices spoke. "Let go of the past." Mother said. "Embrace what is to come."

The force ghosts were right. I pulled the blaster free and shoved it into the sand, sticking up ever so slightly. "Lillian!" A voice yelled. I looked at the sunset one last time before I and the round droid turned around back to where my friends and family were waiting. I turned to the ship with a newfound purpose. Rey eyed the lack of my blaster and grinned.

"Where to?" I asked not taking my eyes off the controls. "To the stars." Poe said. "Stargaze." I turned back to him and grinned as we took off. I watched the suns get smaller and my blaster as well. The twin suns have set on Tatooine and our journey but I couldn't wait for what is to come next.