III. We Meet Again

We slid down the sand dunes after digging through the downed star destroyer. Rey popped open the canteen after we reached the bottom. She shook out the last drop. I shot her a fake offended look.

"We'll get more with our portions." she said sliding off her mask and helmet identical to mine. I adjusted my dark grey shirt and white wraps around my shoulders. I adjusted the ropes that held my light grey pants to my knees before climbing on the back of the speeder.

"What you've brought me today is worth..." Unkar stumbled over his words as Rey and I waited by the window. "One quarter portion." I gave Unkar a disappointed look before we sped off on the speeder again. To return home nearly empty handed.

...

I prepared our food as Rey scratched another mark on the metal wall. We split our food and we sat outside. Then we saw it. A orange and white droid fought its way out of a net set up by a Teedo. I jumped up and ran towards them. "Lillian stop!" Rey said. I held my blaster to the Teedo. "Tal'ama parqual!" Rey shouted. The Teedo screamed back. "Parqual zatana." I said. The droid beeped worriedly flashing back and forth from Teedo to me and from me to Rey. I put the blaster away and began to cut at the net. Teedo objected and Rey yellled at him. Teedo screamed again before running off. The droid beeped with appreciation. Rey shushed him as Teedo became out of earshot. "Teedo just wants you for parts." I said looking at the familiar droid. It suddenly dawned on me.

"You're the droid from the battle. Where the first order showed up!" I realized. "Lillian. Nothing ever happens here. Why would they come here?" Rey said. The droid refused to answer. Rey took this as a moment to change the subject. "You're antenna's bent." Rey adjusted the BB unit's antenna. "Where are you from anyway." I asked. I knew it was from the resistance but where. It beeped. Classified. "Really me too. Big secret." Rey said.

She stood back up. "Niima Outpost is that way. Stay off Kelvin Ridge. Keep off from the sinking fields in the north, you'll drown in the sand." Rey said walking off. "No, we should keep him at least for the night." I said. "Fine." Rey agreed as BB-8 happily followed her. "But in the morning you go."

"

....

I awoke the next morning. The first night in months that I've slept a full night. I decided to walk around the desert scape, possibly scope out a place for Rey and I to scavenge. I saw it, well him. His dark hair hung into his eyes. He didn't belong here. I then noticed the blood.

"Sir!" I said running to his aid. I was greeted with a blaster in my face. "I am trying to help you. Unless you want this to end in a standoff." I said placing a hand on my own blaster. "Sorry." he said. He grunted again with pain. I helped him stand. I recognized him then. "Have I seen you before?" he asked. "Maybe." I said beginning to guide him to the nearest healer I knew. "I did see you the night of the raid." he said. I stopped in shock. He saw me. "I have insomnia. I walk at night." I said. "Sounds dangerous." he said. "I can handle myself." I replied. "By the way is your droid a-." I stopped speaking as soon as we arrived at the temple. We had reached our destination. A few healers my mother knew. They were older, some believed them to be former Jedi that were missed during order 66.

"Help him." I said handing him over to them. They rushed to his aid. My mind nagged me to tell him about the droid. I could get it to him before he left. I only hoped.