XLVIX. Ben

Ben and I landed on the ice of the planet, reminding me of when he pulled me here through our bond. Rey's force presence was strong, she was already inside the Sith cathedral, facing her grandfather.

We ran through it jumping on the elevator down. Ben had decided it was going too slow as he grabbed my waist and we jumped onto a sith statue only a couple of feet below.

"Ow." Ben gritted. I laughed as I then realized we were no where near to the ground. "Now what genius?" I asked. He then followed my gaze to the ground, a chain. was attached to the massive statue. We walked across the chain to the ground and made our way through it again. He shot at the remaining Emperor's guards that lingered. I gripped my blaster tight as we rounded a corner to see 6 black clad figures, the knights of Ren.

"I forgot I deployed them here." Ben whispered to me as they began to surround us, circling us like prey. Rey's presence was even mightier than before as we could now hear the voice of the emperor speaking to her.

"She will draw her weapon." Palpatine said as Rey activated her saber and took a few slow steps to him. Fear was ever present in her stance. "She will come to me."

Ben raised his hand, curling his fingers to throw the Knights off balance. I activated my saber and sliced through some. Ben's blaster was knocked out of his hands. It was an even match between me and one of them while he took on the rest. One of them raised their weapon and sliced at his face. Another kicked him in the stomach, making him double over on his knees. The knight I was with got the upper hand a gripped me in a choke hold. It began to squeeze and I began to see stars, but not of the sky above.

"She will take her revenge." Palpatine said as she raised her saber. "And with a stroke of her saber the Sith are reborn! The Jedi are dead!"

Ben stood as all the air was sucked from the room. We now could see her before us. Rey's body seemed to flood with relief as her fear dissipated. Ben nodded as she seemed to nod back.

"Make the sacrifice!" Palpatine forced. Rey rises her saber over her head and behind her back and let go.

"Holy sh-" I gasped as our grandfather's saber seemed to appear in his hand. The knights around us backed away. The one that held me loosened its grip. Ben raised the saber from behind his back. Ben held the saber and simply shrugged, a way I would imagine Han doing, and attacked.

 Ben held the saber and simply shrugged, a way I would imagine Han doing, and attacked

I took the surprise and elbowed the knight behind me on the gut. I raised my saber and drove it through the same spot. Ben twirled the saber in his hand as he cut down more of his knights. The blue lightsaber and black colored weapons clashed. Ben then ducked down, putting the saber up against his back to block them. He let out a puff of air and spun back around. I attacked another knight that advanced on me. Ben force pushed the one that advanced on me backwards into a put behind me.

"I had it." I shouted at him as I attacked another. "Did you?" He asked me as he drove the lightsaber through another knight. I successfully took down another and only 3 were now standing. Ben then leaped through the air and stabbed one in the back. We took the last two down with ease and ran until we saw the red guards advancing on Rey. One raised a weapon she didn't see as Ben shot it in the back.

Rey spun around in shock, seeing us standing side by side. Ben walked up to her looking her in the eyes. Get a room, please. We then turned and we all stood with our sabers raised against Palpatine. Rey held a new saber I had never seen. Something told me it was Leia's. One she built before she abandoned her training. I stood between them with a green saber, feeling a bit left out.

"Stand together." The emperor crooned. "Die together." He jutted out his bony hands pulling Rey and Ben to him and tossing me beside the throne. I was forced to stand beside him as one strong force held me up and other holding Rey and Ben. Then a stream of blue light seemed to move off of just the dyad and to Palpatine. He looked at his hands in shock as the skin began to reform.

"The life force of your bond." He realized. "A dyad in the Force. A power like life itself. Unseen for generations." Rey and Ben struggled to break free from his grip. "And now the power of 2 restores the one, true Emperor." He jutted out his hands again and the blue light got brighter as he sucked the life from them. They both let out painful but silent screams. The evil laughter filled my ears. He stopped as the two fell to the side weakened and passed out.

I struggled in the grasp. I felt it loosen as I collapsed. Palpatine looked different as he slid from his life support, now able to live without it. "Now, dear. You will work by my side. As your foolish mother and grandfather did." I stood, glaring at him.

"No, they were strong to resist you." I said. "That is what I was afraid of. I really don't want to kill you, but I will." He sneered. He faced away from me and looked to the sith cultists around us. "Look what you have made." He spoke. Groaning, I summoned my saber and raised it above my head. I charged at him. I was then grabbed by the force and suspended in the air once more. My own saber was yanked from my hand and raised to be level with my neck. Lightning shot out of his hand as I convulsed from the lightning. The saber getting closer to my neck, I could feel the heat rolling from it as we both heard a groan. I mentally begged Ben not to get up. He did anyway as I was pulled over to his side and he was pulled up as well. The emperor's now yellow eyes narrowed.

"As once I fell so falls the last Skywalkers." He grunted as we were both blown back and fell down a pit behind us.