XXV. Legacy of Liars

Rey and I went back down the mountain. Darkness, the night, had fallen over the island. We felt a pull. Again.

"I'd rather not do this now." Rey said. "Yeah, me too." He said. "Me three." I grumbled. "Why did you hate your father?" She asked as we tuned to face him and saw his bare back. Force, was he shirtless. He turned. He wore only a pair of black pants with either a black bandage across his stomach or these were very high waisted pants. Rey looked away but I could see her sneaking an occasional glance. "Do you have something, a cowl or something you can put on?" I asked. Kylo said nothing. Rey and I looked at each other and sighed. "Why did you hate your father? Give me an honest answer." Rey demanded. "You had a father who loved you, he gave a damn about you." "I didn't hate him." Kylo objected. I wondered why. "Then why?" I asked. Why, what?" He asked. He looked to Rey and took a few steps closer. "Why, what? Say it." I could see the scar that Rey gave him stretched from his eyebrow to the top of his chest. Tears began to stream down Rey's face. Why did you." She paused. "Why did you kill him? don't understand." "No? Your parents threw you away like garbage." He said. "They didn't." Rey snapped back.

Could they have? Could Rey waiting on her parents be denial, that they tossed her on Jakku, never to return. Was it all a lie?

"They did." Kylo seemingly confirmed. "But you can't stop needing them. It's your greatest weakness. Looking for them everywhere. In Mera, in Han Solo, and now Skywalker." Rey said nothing. She tried to catch her breath. I stepped closer to her. I reached for her hand but Rey jerked away. "Did he tell you what happened that night?" "He did." I said. "Now leave us." "It's harder than you think Lilly. But no. He had sensed my power, as he senses yours. And he feared it." Kylo said showing us a glimpse of his memory. Luke Skywalker stood over him with a green lightsaber. Was what Luke told us a lie? Could Luke Skywalker try to murder his own nephew?

"Liar." Rey argued not wanting to believe it. He got closer. He now stood in front of us. "Let the past die. Kill it if you have to." He said. "That's the only way to become what you were meant to be." He then vanished.

"You don't really believe that bantha fodder do you?" Rey asked. "Maybe." I said. "You know." I began. I didn't even know what I was saying. "If you tried to find a parent in someone, my mother was right there. You should have appreciated her before she was dead." I soon regretted the words that came from my mouth. What was going on with me. It was like I suddenly saw something new, a new perspective. Rey stared at me shocked and hurt.

"Leave then." Rey said as she turned on her heels and walked the opposite direction. I knew where she was going, to the dark cavern. I followed after her. "Rey stop." I shouted. Growing up, she was the one to stop me, now I'm doing this to her. She continued, only stopping at the mouth of the cave. "Lillian, let me do this." She said kneeling down to peer down inside. Suddenly she fell forward down into the cavern below. I wanted to help her but I knew if I did, I would succumb to the darkness as well. But Luke could. Luke is the person to help us as Maz had said. I began to run up the mountain, back to him. Suddenly a vision overcame me.

Fire was everywhere. Or was it lava. A man stood above another man. The man above him had auburn hair with a beard. He held a blue lightsaber. The man on the ground was only half of a man with legs missing and beginning to burn. The burning man began to scream in pain. "You were the chosen one!" The bearded man shouted. "It was said you would destroy the sith, not join them. Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness. He took a few steps forward, and picked up a lightsaber, it was Luke's saber, and his father's before him. This was Anakin, the burning man was Anakin Skywalker, but why was I seeing this now? "I hate you!" Anakin Skywalker screamed.

The vision ended as I was suddenly at the top of the stairs

The vision ended as I was suddenly at the top of the stairs. Ok I'm very confused. I saw Luke standing on the cliff. He was in a deep focus. Then I heard it. "Luke." Leia said. But she was sick, in a coma. "Leia." Luke acknowledged.

"Leia." A much younger voice said. The bearded man from before was with her. The woman was on a medic bed, her lower half was in a birthing chamber. The bearded man held a baby boy in his arms. This baby was Luke, this woman was their mother, Padme. The droid held a baby girl, Leia. Padme was very beautiful despite her intense sadness.

"Obi-Wan" she whimpered

"Obi-Wan" she whimpered. "I know there's still." She never got to finish her words. The scene then drastically changed. Luke was now my around my age. Luke backed up very carefully on a ledge. Darth Vader stood over him. "Luke, you not yet realize your importance. You've only come to discover your power Join me and we will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy." "I'll never join you." Luke shouted back. Blood from his severed hand began to spread onto his clothing. "Discover the power of the dark side." Vader said. "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father." "He told me enough. He told me you killed him." Luke said. I knew what was coming next. The whole entire galaxy did. "No. I am your father." 

The scene changed again, to be about the year 20 ABY

The scene changed again, to be about the year 20 ABY. I used to remember nothing before Jakku.

"Daddy!" A little voice cried. It was my voice. My red hair bounced as I ran into the arms of my father. "Hey stargaze, where's your mother?" He asked. "Teaching." I simply said. He picked me up and carried me to where some of his new padawans were being trained. He smiled as his wife. My mother's hair was darker than my own, only slightly. She smiled.

"Luke." she said.

I collapsed onto the boulder in front of me. Luke stared at me, he lead me to a boulder to sit. "Stargaze. Lillian." He said. "Is that you?" I didn't answer. Han had known my mother. Leia seemed to already know me. Kylo recognized me immediately. I played a part in all this.

I finally met his eyes and uttered words that would change my life forever. "Dad?"