XXXIV. Naboo

I felt the ship lurch forward as we traveled across the galaxy. I approached Finn and Poe. Before they has the chance to say anything, I spoke.

"I was going to tell you, I was going to wait when everyone wasn't around." I quickly apologized. "It's ok." Poe said hugging me. "Somehow, I've always known." Finn said. Is he force sensitive? I nodded, in thanks for understanding. Rey then suddenly approached us. She reached into a drawer, pulling out one of the texts.

"So you did take them from the island." I realized. She nodded. She skimmed the pages before landing on a page. She looked to Rose.

"This may help her." Rey spoke, showing us the page. "But I thought force healing was something of the Sith?" I asked. I then noticed messy writing on the side of the page, almost as a footnote. "It says it was once something of the Jedi but the Sith took that power and claimed it as their own." Rey read. "But we don't have Sith to worry about. They're gone." I felt almost as of she was wrong. Rey looked to Finn.

"I can try, if that's alright." Finn nodded. Rey took a breath and placed a hand on Rey's shoulder. We saw something remarkable. The scrapes on Rose's face began to disappear as she took a shaky breath and sat up. Finn quickly embraced her and kissed her cheek. Rose scanned the ship and then looked to Rey.

"Oh my force! You're her, You're Rey!" Rose said excitedly. Rey nodded. "And you must be Rose." Rey said. Rose giddily smiled before her eyes looked outside of the ship. "Where are we going?" I heard footsteps behind us.

"Naboo. It's where my mother was from." Leia told us. "Queen Amidala." Rey said. Leia nodded as the ship jerked to a halt. We had arrived.

NABOO

Leia began to walk away and I followed her along with the rest of the resistance. We left the Falcon to find ourselves in a lush, green field. 

"Stretch your legs

"Stretch your legs." Leia instructed. "We won't be long." They nodded as my aunt and I approached a stone building. It was beautiful. It almost looked like a cathedral as the sun shone against the stained glass. Leia tapped in a code on the keypad next to the doors as they opened. I followed her inside seeing only a body encased in stone, still looking as if she died yesterday.

"She's beautiful, but she was sad. I saw it." I said. "As did I." Leia responded. "The only memory I have of her was when I was born, she lost the will to live when my father fell to the dark side." Leia sat down on a stone bench beside the casket. I sat next to her.

"I was removed from the senate when the truth was revealed that Luke and I were the children of Darth Vader. I hated that. I never even got to tell my son or you the truth of your grandfather. Ben found out as the tabloids did. I guess that was just another reason for him to resent us." "How did he turn?" I asked. I knew of the final push Luke did but not before. "I had sensed it in him even when I was still pregnant. Snoke wormed his way in his mind way back then. Whatever happened with Luke and the temple was the final straw." Leia then looked back to her mother.

"But after I found out about my father, I decided to discover who my mother was. Padme was the politician I could only dream of being. And I can sense that same spirit in you." Leia added. She looked over her shoulder to see a black feathered headdress. I walked over to it and pulled 2 feather free. I heard onto them as we left the tomb and headed to the palace, where the rest of the resistance was waiting.

As we walked up through the palace, we passed rooms. One appeared to be decorated for a baby. The gathering of dust had me consider it was for my father and aunt, before my grandfather turned. I saw paintings line the walls. One was of the my grandmother herself, looking a beautiful as ever. I saw Rey looking at the paintings as well. She stood frozen in front of one of an older man. I recognized him. It was somewhat difficult to do, he was left scarred and deformed after an attack before rising to power. The great Emperor Palpatine. I noticed Leia calling us back to the ship as we made our way back.

I passed another room with a wardrobe and a beautiful sunset dress inside with silver lining the collar. I stepped in. Leia was soon at my side.

"I always hoped my granddaughter would wear this." Leia said. "I don't think that will happen now." If only she knew how Rey and Ben felt about one another. "Perhaps my niece could." She smiled as I ran my hand against the silky fabric. "Let's get back to the Falcon. Ajan-Kloss is waiting."