10. Darkness

FRIGHTENED LITTLE GIRL WHO?

I lay there as Faye walked closer, taking each step more carefully than the one before

''Didn't Cassie tell you?''

''Tell me what?'' I tried not to seem affected by her proximity and remained perfectly still though I didn't really know what I was supposed to do here.

''According to Jake, her daddy was the big bad wolf.''

Her hand reached out for a cookie on the tray beside my bed and she swiped a bit of the frosting off with her finger.

''Because Jake is reliable sources.'' I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest.

Faye didn't answer. Instead, she put the frosty finger into her mouth and sucked it off.

''Did you just moan?''

''What?'' Her eyes opened at once, ''It's good.'' Somehow the moonlight shone on her eyes and her eyes only, Morticia Addams style.
''Want to try it?''

I shook my head as she picked up another cookie.
''I brushed my teeth.''

''You can just brush them again later.'' I shook her hand off when she brought it toward me and kept her from bringing the cookie to my lips.

''Faye.''

''Fine,'' She took a bite, swallowed and set it back down on the plate.
''Then I'll give you a taste.''

I jolted awake the moment her lips started to dangerously near my own.

My eyes roamed around the room as I pressed my palms on the sheets and the realization that it was already early in the morning hit me.

One quick look in the mirror facing the bed and I had another realization.

I was covered in sweat and my hair was all over the place as if if it were a bird's net but even so, I thanked god that I hadn't shed any other fluids.

But hold on, Ivy. Rewind.
Did I just have a we- I mean hot dream about Faye?

                                                ☾

''It's not a dream.'' I had to pause when I heard the voice I so dreadfully feared to hear today, much less catch in a hallway.

Where had everybody gone anyway?

''It's a good idea.''
I stood still just after turning the corner as I spotted both Faye and Melissa.

Faye's head perked up and she stared directly at the little deer in headlights that I was, with books in her hands, pressed flat against her stomach.
''And I'm sure Ivy would agree with me. Hey! Ivy!''