Bonus: Diana gets engaged

DREAMBOAT

The hall was big enough to be a whole mansion but since it was on a boat, the whole thing seemed all the more surreal

There were fancy chandelier trickling from the ceiling everywhere we looked and the room was so white and beautifully lit that it seemed like a dream even more.

The whole scenery was breathtaking but the tables -oh- the tables were all the more stunning. White fancy clothes covered each and everyone of them and tiny looking chandeliers decorated the centerpiece. The plates looked even more fancy than the vase of roses that were put beside them but everyone here seemed to be couples, enjoying a date. Everyone but a table in the far left corner, that could easily fit ten people.

''We're late, again?'' Faye scoffed as we stopped before the registering hostess.

''Your fault,'' Jake argued and pulled at the collar of his tux -he hadn't worn one since prom. ''You pondered about what to wear for nearly two hours.''

Faye jumped into responding while I ignored the pair of them and turned to the smiling hostess. She was dressed as a waiter in every movie I'd ever seen but somehow seeing it in real made it all the more fancy.

''Uh, we have a reservation with Diana Meade and Grant Alcott?'' I asked and tried to peer over the counter while she checked in the register. I'd already spotted all of them but I needed some sort of pass or whatever to get in.

''This way, please.'' She nodded and led the way before us.

I took Faye's hand to stop her from hitting Jake again and all three of us followed the hostess to the far left table I'd noticed earlier.
All the people sat there stopped at our sight but Cassie was the first to rise from her seat.

''Ivy!'' She greeted and engulfed me in a hug, even though she mostly trapped my purse between my chest and hers so I had only one free hand.

She pulled back with a smile and I could analyze her more closely.
We'd seen each other at Christmas but since then, she'd cut her hair to a bob and applied a nice touch of dark red lipstick.
She was also wearing a dark dress, much to match with Melissa's.
Said girl rose up to give us a hug too but she stopped over Jake while I looked around the table.

''Jake! Where's Mila?''

''Bathroom.''

My eyes stopped on Adam as Jake continued about his current girlfriend and he sent me a slight nod with a smile.
He probably still felt ashamed about the whole thing with the skull; but I'd assured him there was no need.

His hair was messy but he seemed slightly better than the time when he'd been power hungry because of the crystal skull even though he still had his three day beard -not to mention he was wearing a tux too.