22. Family

UNDER THE WORLD

(Joke's on you, Faye :))

Diana wasn't answering her phone, Jake was on edge, John had been suspiciously and annoyingly calm and last but not least, Faye was still missing.

''We have to find her!'' Cassie started pacing around the room again, her book of shadows in hand. ''There has to be some spell, right?''

''Not that we know of,'' Melissa answered from her spot on the couch. ''Or ever done.''

''Why can't we just ask your father?'' Jake reasoned and I would have been lying if I said this possibility hadn't crossed my mind.

''If it comes down to that-'' I started but Cassie immediately cut me off.
''No, there has to be something! What about your dark magic?'' She looked from the book straight to me and I had to sigh as Diana strode in the room.
Well, at last!

''So you know,'' She looked to all of us before back to Cassie, ''there's no way. You didn't tell them?''

''Yes, I told them every horrible detail.'' That she had; and as soon as we had stepped foot in the abandoned house.

''We know what he did,'' Jake started, ''we know Blackwell and Celestin manipulated our parents into creating our circle but we still need help!''

Diana threw me a look and I discreetly nodded. Yes, we were still on a 'mr Celestin' basis with the rest of the circle. Especially since I still had difficulties to wrap my mind around the fact that I had been planned for hundreds of years.
And to say Balcoin and Hades had conspired to have all our mothers knocked up at the same time!

''He's a lying, power hungry lunatic!'' Diana scoffed as she strode farther into the room. ''We came together because our power as a circle is stronger than it was individually. Let's use that to get Faye.''

''The seven of us together couldn't stop Samuel and he had one demon in him!'' Melissa burst as she rose from her sofa, ''Eben has six!'' Just as she finished, a cellphone went off on a table and Cassie bent over to check the caller ID.

''It's her,'' She put it to her ear and we all went to stand beside her.
Why wasn't she putting it on speaker again?
''Faye?'' The conversation I could hear was one sided but judging by Cassie's face, it had taken a dark turn. ''Don't you dare touch her!'' He had better not!
In one motion Cassie turned to the rest of the circle and looked to all of us.
''Why? The demon running in your brain isn't doing it for you? You need some extra crystal magic?''
I hated to say this but she didn't sound scary or even the littlest bit threatening. She kind of reminded me of a chihuahua that way.