2 - Mr Pluto

POV Julia

That voice ... God I had never heard anything like that my whole life. I must admit, I could not even remember that song from the car. John would talk about anything to me but I had no ears for him. That voice seemed to penetrate my soul and send shivers down my spine. The way down the hall led us to one last door on the large Wessex Studio. John opened the door and gestured for me to enter, I smiled briefly at him and entered the room where the four of them rehearsed.

They were actually 4 different figures. The drummer at the back of the room had blond hair and long hair, I tried to see the color of his eyes but he was too involved with the music he had features of a rugrat, a little ahead of him the highest guitarist I have ever had seen in life with huge hair and curls to arouse envy, he had on his forehead a small mark of expression by the concentration he seemed to exert to play his guitar. Opposite him, the bassist looked up quickly at me with blue eyes that contrasted very well with his white skin and short, bulky brown hair. What struck me most was the lead singer.

He had a slender body, he was elegant, he sang with his soul, his eyes closed, his cheekbones called attention to his shape, his hair was slightly long and black with night and voice ... my God was to take the breath and leave speechless. He opened his eyes and we stared at each other, his eyes were black and the most expressive he had ever seen in his entire life. He shook his head briefly when it seemed that it had entered into a trance and finishing singing what seemed the last stretch of music motioning for the band stop.

John Reid applauded the small sample we had from Queen, and all the bad impression I had of the band seemed to vanish like dust when the wind blows. They were incredible."I see that the work for the next album has already started!" John said with a smile from ear to ear as I hugged my arms and tried to divert my eyes look the singer who seemed to burn my skin.

I felt my face burn and I looked at John in despair as the vocalist approached the two of us analyzing."Yes ... this great composition is from Deacy." He speaks with the voice of an angel making my body react in a weird way as when he was singing."A-and you darling, who are you?" He speaks with a British accent, staring at his front teeth but covering them quickly with his upper lip.Before I could answer, John answered for me."Oh, Freddie ... this is Julia Quinn your new assistant!" John speaks with a smile and I tried to get out of my statue mode.

Freddie turned to me and smiled his lips without showing his teeth, the indecipherable gaze seemed to examine me for a moment.

"Julia Quinn" he repeats my name and I swallowed hard and he held out his hand to me.I stared at his face for a moment and then at his hand and held it tight.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr ...." Oh my God I forgot his last name!

My God!? Is it a planet? The other three had a funny expression as they approached and I felt my skin burn.

Great start Julia.

"The cat ate your tongue?" Freddie asked and the blonde let out a laugh, I was surrounded by the four now.

GOD WHAT IS THE LAST NAME OF THIS MAN?

"Mr Pluto." I said as my legs trembled slightly and Freddie's face turned a red tinge that made my eyes widen as the other three burst into laughter.

Oh dear God .... I missed his name.

"Fr-Freddie ..." the guitarist had the corner of his eyes watering with laughter. "This is my favorite planet" He speaks while the other two are still chuckling.Freddie looked at me with his huge black eyes, he was taller than me and that made me feel even smaller.

"It's Mercury." He spoke in a low voice and turned his back to me as the others recovered.My God, what have I done?

"Sorry ..." I said in a low voice and the other three boys approached me as Freddie left the room in a burst.

The guitarist gave a sympathetic smile to me and held out his hand to me, I sighed deeply and took his hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Julia, welcome, I'm Brian May, you can call me Bri." He spoke in a calm tone with his eyes giving me tranquility.I smiled a little at him, he seemed extremely gentle.

"Aye, Brian." I said shaking his hand lightly. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Someone is Scottish, it seems." He blinks at me.

"From Glasgow." I spoke more calmly but with my eyes still searching for Freddie. He really got angry at that?

Well, John Reid seemed to really be right about how difficult it was. The drummer then approached me and pulled me into a hug that grates back.

"Glasgow is one of our best audiences." He spoke as he pulled back from his embrace and winked at me. "I'm Roger Taylor, it's a pleasure to have you with us, Juls." He spoke making me laugh, he pronounced his name in a somewhat British manner Rogah Taylah.

"Thank you for the reception, Roger." I said feeling my cheeks flush at his intense blue gaze.

"O-oh no ..." He frowned theatrically. "Call me Rog." He asked and I just nodded with a shy smile.Finally a smile when brotherly appears in front of me.

"John Deacon, but you can call me Deacy, it's a pleasure to meet you Julia." He spoke with the calm voice and the countenance that passed all the trust of the world. He seemed a good person and a good friend. "I'll make sure Freddie does not have his diva attacks on you." He winked at me.How sweet!

"Thank you John!" I squeezed his hand with a smile. "I think I was nervous, and everything that came into my head was Pluto." I admitted blushing as the three laughed at the scene, John Reid at some point withdrew and now it was just the four of us.

"He's just making drama, do not mind that." Deacy reinforces me as he returns to the bass.Brian already had his guitar when he looked at me and smiled again.

"Actually, his last name is the Bulsara." He winked at me and began strumming some chords on his guitar.

For God's sake, this gets more and more confusing...

"Bri do not confuse Juls!" Roger protested sitting on his battery setBrian rolled his eyes at Roger and continued to strum any melody. Well ... could have been worse right?

A few minutes later watching them as I was instructed by Reid, Freddie returned the room a little less defensive. He passed me and went straight to the microphone. The other three stopped rehearsing the tune of Spread Your Wings - I was still amazed how beautiful the song was.Freddie looked at me with his chin, which made me shrug, he finally sighed, and again he seemed analyze. The well-delineated cheek bones gave him a fatal countenance, and,God how he looked intimidating....

"S-so Julia." He started to walk back and forth and I felt my spine freeze.What best described me at that moment was: I felt like a helpless kitten running away from a fox.

"Aye?" I speak in a low voice, all three other Freddie with doubt, Deaky looked worried.

"Uh-huh Scottish girl." He let a weak laugh escape.

My heart seemed to want to come out of my mouth.

"Tell me what your favorite Queen song?" He stopped in front of me with his confident stance.

Oops ... Here we go ... again.

X

finally I did it!  it's getting harder to rewrite it all in English!  If you find any mistake, forgive me, I'll try my best!  Hope you like it! ❤️