17 - Are you in love?

Julia and Phoebe photo 💁🏻‍♀️

JULIA POV

I was never insecure, and the proof of that was my escape from Glasgow without giving a damn what was going to happen to me, but upon meeting Mary I felt ... inferior to her.

I feel so stupid for thinking about it.

In fact I didn't know how to name what Freddie and I had, we liked each other's company, we laughed together, we talked a lot, we kissed sometimes, we slept together even though we never advanced to another phase ... I felt a thousand butterflies in my stomach when I talking to him, remembering his kisses.

Stop thinking about him for at least a minute, Julia!

I had been awake a long time ago, but my damn insecurity was keeping me inside the guest room. I stared at myself in the reflection of the mirror, my lips forced into a toothless smile, my hair was slightly wavy and my freckles under the eyes looked darker, they always looked that way during the spring.

I could almost see the image of my mother behind me, with her hands in my hair and her thin voice saying "I told you not to stay in the sun! These freckles get worse and worse!", I never had problems with my freckles, but suddenly that seemed to bother me.

For God's sake Julia, be rational.

I shook my head in an attempt to dispel my mother's memories and her comments that were almost always unnecessary to anyone. I hugged my arms around my torso and smiled more sincerely at my reflection as I spotted the sleepy Oscar and Tiffany snoring on the still messy bed.

I'd loved to have them as mates since I arrived in London, so much so that they were one of the reasons I didn't give up on Freddie's temper - ironic almost three weeks later I was so attracted to him and living with him - and now Phoebe would still be with me until he was with Freddie - which was odd because he was almost always behind me like a shadow - and of course the Deacon, Brian and Chrissie and the lonely Rog were an indispensable part of being so happy and happy. in peace.

Maybe all this drama with Cameron was necessary, looking at my life right now, I really didn't see myself anywhere else, working with the boys, living in London ...

So early but I'm already being so cliche.

It was meant to be from the start and it somehow comforted me in a unique way.

One thing that was striking - though very delicate - was the filigree pendant Freddie had given me on the night of the Düsseldorf incident. That little flower with its golden core and silver petals seemed to glow more than usual. She was so delicate, the thin silver chain that wrapped around my neck left the little flower hanging gracefully.

I tried in every way possible amid so many memories of that day to remember the name of the flower, but my memory was betraying me. I sighed slowly still seeking the courage to leave the room as the phone started ringing.

Knowing Freddie as I knew he would never get up from his precious sleep, obviously I would have to answer the call.

I opened the bedroom door and tiptoed out of the guest room, as soon as I walked through Freddie's bedroom door I couldn't help but notice that the door was ajar.

Focus on the phone.

Something inevitable was also the memory of the first time I woke up at Stafford Terrace and my tumble at the bottom of the stairs - which made me go down the stairs with my hand clinging to the railing -. After descending the stairs I ran toward the phone on a side table next to one of the armchairs in the room, threw myself into the armchair and still a little breathless I answered the phone.