35 - Hyde Park Corner

❤️

JULIA

October 5, 1977, Stafford Terrace - last night before meeting Cameron.

He was sitting at the piano.

Concentrated, a small crease formed between his eyebrows, his startled teeth biting his lower lip, his long fingers seemed to compose a melody but it soon became a Beatles song.

He hadn't seen me yet, I was at the kitchen door, the room lit only by the lamp by the piano. A flood of memories seemed to color my memory at that moment as he continued to play that song on the piano without even noticing me there.

It looked like a goodbye, but I didn't want it to be a goodbye. I was coming back from the Hyde Park meeting. Nothing would happen.

"To lead a better life
I need my love to be here "I sang approaching him who just smiled and made space for me to sit next to him on the piano bench.

"Here, making each day of the year
Changing my life with a wave of his hand "I sat next to him, he played and I sang.

"Nobody can deny that there's something there
There, running my hands through his hair
Both of us thinking how good it can be
Someone is speaking, but he doesn't know she's there "

His long fingers floated elegantly across the ivory and black keys and I recorded his every move that day, and I have never forgotten it.

"I want him everywhere
And if he's beside me I know I need never care
But to love him is to need him everywhere
Knowing that love is to share
Each one believing that love never dies
Watching his eyes and hoping I'm always there "

The words seemed to hurt me but I couldn't show it to him. As much as I was justifying my insecurity and lack of sleep with the excuse
of the pregnancy, I knew that if I collapsed, he would know everything.

"I will be there
And everywhere
Here, there and everywhere "I sang the last part of the song hiding my face on his neck.

I bit my lip hard to suppress the urge to cry, Freddie hugged me against his body and kissed my hair.

"You sing so well kitten, you should consider recording something with me." He laughed as I continued to inhale his perfume, my hands grabbed the sides of his body.

"You know you sing a lot better than I do." I broke my silence and heard his low laugh.

"You look weird but since you don't want to tell me what's going on, I won't insist."

For the first time I stared at him that night, his curious eyes, his sculpted features ... he was everything.

"I'm looking forward to tomorrow." It was not a lie.

He smiled at me and took my face in his hands, a gesture so simple but it was so meaningful to me.

"Kitten, even Me, I'm the main star, I'm not like that." He always boasted and that made me laugh.

He was like that and I loved that man. Without taking any defect.

"But I am, okay? You know I love to see your performances, and they are always better than the other, you are amazing at what you do mo ghràid."

His eyes were on mine, a shy smile appeared on his lips and I felt my heart tighten inside me.

"I love you, Julia."