32 - Different Lifes

JULIA

September 13th 1977, Wessex Studios.

Sometimes I found myself looking like an idiot looking at my engagement ring.

And that was one of the strangest phrases I've spoken in my entire life - after I'm pregnant.

Strangest of all - I ran away from a forced engagement, and now I'm engaged to the man who is the love of my life.

How many months have passed?

In fact 1977 was everything I least expected, not on the bad side, okay that sometimes things seemed to go wrong, but most of the time it was amazing how a year that had everything to be frustrating was incredibly Perfect.

I was not used to being so happy.

"What did you think, Juls?" Roger said sitting next to me after leaving the recording booth, he was recording the vocals for his song, Fight From the inside, but I was distracted enough not to have paid attention and he realized that. "You did not listen to me?" A sad look crossed his face.

"Sorry, Rogah." I said taking his hand while he sat next to me.

"Okay Juls, when Mike finishes the mix you can hear it." He rested his head on my shoulder and I smiled.

I had a good relationship with all of them. John was my best friend - no doubt, but Roger was also like Brian, but the intensities of the relationships were different, while John looked like my father, Roger looked like a son to me.

"I will definitely hear Rogah, now how are things with Dom?" I asked as his hand caressed my belly in slow, circular motions.

They were all very kind to me.

"She's a little difficult at times." He spoke in a confused tone and I smiled as I stroked his blond locks. "We fight about anything, but I love her Juls." He spoke in a serious tone.

"Hearing that from you is extremely rewarding, but I think relationships are just like that." I spoke and he turned his head to face me with a small crease between his eyebrows. "I am no expert, but I think you are on the right track." I winked at him.

"And what is it like to be engaged to Freddie?" He smiled amusedly at me.

"The same thing as being his girlfriend, only difference is that ring." I raised my left hand and Roger rolled his eyes.

"He spent a lot of time with creepy Paul this week." He complained as he straightened up on the couch.

Yes, too much time with that creepy, and I didn't like It, but who needs to know that?

And what irritated me most was having to pass on my work to him.

"He's doing something about the tour." I shrugged my shoulders.

"But as far as I know who takes care of it is you!" Roger protested and I smiled at him.

Yes it was me.

"Well, apparently they think that a pregnant woman taking care of managing a tour is not safe enough, the creepy guy got the better of it." I spoke with some resentment.

Yes I was pregnant, but I was not sick! I could work perfectly. But all I had left was just the scheduling of press conferences.

Very exciting.

And I knew it was Paul's suggestion to Freddie, and this irritated me more. He always listened to Paul's stupids advices.

"I swear I don't understand why he was hired! We have you!" Roger lay on my lap and complained looking at me.