14 - The Hangover

A/N:
note the photo please 😂
Hope you like it ❤️

JULIA POV

Basel, Switzerland - May 19, 1977

"You gotta be kidding me!" I practically shouted as I saw the four of them on the dressing room couch.

It was 30 minutes to the show, and there they were, left without even changing their clothes for the show.

"No ... the name of it is hangover." Roger moaned as he spoke.

I warned, I knew this was going to happen! After the Rotterdam show we had to fly to Switzerland, obviously the adrenaline still flowed through the four when they started mixing scrabble with alcohol. The game was about each end of the game drinking a good and generous dose of gin. And there they were, even Deacy, destroyed as if a truck had passed over them.

The fright of a few days had passed. They were still extremely "neurotic" about my safety, insisting they would hire a security guard, of course after I used my kitty eyes, they gave up on the idea, but thinking that maybe Cameron was still behind me...

"Swear?" I said with irony rolling my eyes. "Chop chop, you need to play! Guess the arena like everyone another's one is crowded. "I said extending my hand to Deacy who frowned at me but didn't hesitate and stood when I pulled him.

"Come on, who's next?" I asked with an outstretched hand.

Roger had a pout formed on his lips, his blue eyes were childlike.

"Rog, please, let's get on with it!" I spoke softly, frowning innocently.

He looked at me for a moment and muttered something about me looking like a mother and took my hand and I pulled him quickly and pushed him toward the bathroom.

"Hurry up, Taylor!" I shouted at my best treble causing Freddie and Brian to shrug. I looked at them with one arched eyebrow as I tapped my foot rhythmically on the floor. "So this is how you expect to play today?" I spoke in a disapproving tone.

Brian grinned at me shyly and straightened his massive curls.

"I'm not as bad as I look." He defended himself by making me roll my eyes.

"Of course not, go Mr. Scrabble, you have a guitar to play." I winked at Brian who took my outstretched hand and pulled it.

Brian was maybe twice my size, when he got up he turned me around and "pushed" me quickly on the couch which made me fall next to Freddie. Brian, always very smart.

"And you intend to perform in a red robe today?" I ask as Freddie pulls me into his lap making me laugh.

"In a robe?" He frowned as he played with the curls of my hair.

"I didn't see you change your clothes and you don't seem to be wearing anything underneath it."

Freddie rolled his eyes and buried his face in the hollow of my neck.

"Did the cat eat your tongue Mr Mercury?" I spoke with amusement and felt him inhale the air in my neck slowly.

"No, Ms Quinn." He kissed the exposed skin of my collarbone which made me shiver. "But yes, I'm ready for the show, and yes I'm hungover, but I'm ready!"

He looked away and looked me in the eyes with a smile on his lips.

The prominent bones of his cheeks looked so sharp, I traced gently with my finger the outline of his bone.

"You have 20 minutes to warm up the voice." I also spoke tracing the outline of his cheek.

"You like being annoying, my goodness Little kitten." He rolled his eyes which made me laugh.