36 - My Fault

A / N: ok this chapter is a little heavy on psychological issues, I recommend caution to people who are sensitive to this type of content.

Julia Ann Quinn, born on November 14th, 1954 in Glasgow, daughter of Donavan and Crystin Quinn and beloved granddaughter of Fergus Quinn.

She fled Glasgow on April 4th 1977, her parents wanted her to marry a disgusting man - all for money. With the intersection of her godmother, Peggy, Julia arrived in London on April 5, was hired by John Reid to be Queen's assistant on April 6.

Life had already changed quite a bit in the forty-eight hours leading up to her hiring, but nothing compared to the way Freddie Mercury came into her life.

It was all very intense, the period when the two wanted each other's head on a silver platter was confused with the overwhelming speed in which all that teasing turned into love.

Twenty-two years old, engaged to Freddie Mercury, pregnant.

That was me.

Obviously I cut some parts of my life, my childhood, adolescence, escapades during the night to have fun on Glasgow night. And I haven't been able to talk much about the best part of my life.

Everything felt like a fog in my mind, it was as if Freddie's face grew more and more distant, the memories, everything escaping like sand between my fingers as I tried desperately to grab.

The last thing I remember is trying to get back to the New London Theater. Or was it all a hallucination?

My eyes were heavy but slowly I managed to open them and I came across the meticulously white ceiling, a pale light, the smell of ether. I was startled to realize that I was lying on a bed and found Freddie waking up in the chair beside the bed I was on.

There were monitors, and a venous access in my hand received what seemed to me medicine. My eyes were wide when Freddie finally realized that I was awake.

"Kitten." His voice was choked, his eyes watery, he looked like he hadn't slept in days.

The beep of the cardiac monitor was irritating me, the drops of serum dripping slowly too. I was feeling suffocated. I needed to get out of there.

"Mo ghràid-"

"Forgive me! I should have insisted on knowing what was going on." He showed me Cameron's letter crumpled in his hands.

"How did you know what's written there? It's written in Gaelic." I asked as he put the crumpled paper in his pocket.

"Your grandfather is here. Your godmother too, they prevented your parents from seeing you." He seemed distant.

My heart sped up.

How it got into his hands was with me in the car-

My parents? I haven't seen them in so long! And it was all their fault.

"Fred, what happened?" My hands automatically went to my belly.

He shook his head and seemed to swallow his tears, he couldn't look at me, one of his hands was resting on the bed. It felt like forever, he was extremely weird. Anguish grew more and more inside me.

"Kitten, you had an accident. As far as we know the brakes on the car you were in were cut - it was all an ambush." He looked so bewildered.

"What happened with me?" I asked feeling my stomach flat.

He looked into my eyes for the first time, the brown of his eyes were blurred by tears.

"You tried to turn Hyde Park Corner, the light opened and you couldn't brake. A car hit yours." He closed his eyes and pulled me to him.