1. Grave New World

As the new strict studio head of The Next Step is revealed, so is the fate of Michelle and Emily.

The first episode of Season 6 starts with Amy, Heather, Jacquie, Ozzy, Kingston, Piper, Henry and Noah dancing in Studio A on the song "Work.

 At the end of the dance, they do the typical TNS pose on a row and a woman enters the studio, introduces herself as Miss Angela and informs them that she will be the new studio head of The Next Step

I suppose you call that sloppy mirage of movement a "dance".

She immediately takes control of the studio introducing, without auditioning, the new integrants of A-Troupe: Summer (winner of the Stacy Carpenter Scholarship), Finn, Kenzie and last but not least, Lily, Miss Angela's daughter. Standing in a row, all the dancers are criticized by Miss Angela. They all have to wear a blue TNS uniform. Very ugly, if I can give my opinion!

Meanwhile, Michelle and Emily are working at Shakes and Ladders, the cafe that has replaced Neutral Grounds. After getting fired by Miss Kate, they started working there as co-managers. As Michelle is still bitter about Richelle's injury and Emily's negligence as a studio head, Emily constantly apologizes to her co-manager. Michelle comments that thanks to Emily, her high hopes for TNS have been squashed.

At the studio, Miss Angela assesses all the dancers to see all their strengths and weaknesses. Kingston does some acro-tricks. Noah does pirouettes and then shows his best moves, wanting to impress Miss Angela, who calls Noah's combo a "yawn fest" meaning really boring! She wants instead the dancers to "Wink It Out". 

Henry does a performs a series of flips, but is prodded to look at Kenzie's allegedly superior moves. Piper dances next, and her performance is seen as lacking "flash". Wanting more star power, Angela asks Lily to dance, which Angela positively comments on, despite the dancers believing it to be cheesy. Miss Angela concludes by saying that Piper is the weakest link of the troupe. Heather decides to leave the studio to go to college.

Amy, Henry, Jacquie, and Noah discuss Miss Angela's harshness as they warm up in Studio 1 and express their doubt about trusting or not the dancers that Miss Angela brought. Step by step, every new dancer joins the group in Studio 1 and confesses to them their feelings about Miss Angela. They also inform them that Lily is Miss Angela's daughter! Explaining the favoritism.

Piper, disappointed with herself,  being "the weakest link of the troupe" is advised by Emily and Michelle that she should defend herself against Miss Angela. That's what she does the next day, saying that Lily is just an ok dancer, not the best of the team. Miss Angela informs Piper of her relationship between Lily, her daughter and forces Piper to sit out and watch the rest of the dancers performing the routine, which has never happened to her before.

The episode ends with Miss Angela entering the studio and telling the dancers to get into their positions, causing her to notice Piper's absence. Where is Piper? Is she too afraid to come back to the studio? Oh and, there's also one dancer missing here, Richelle! Where is she?

Photo-summary:

Behind The Scenes:

Next episode: WINK IT OUT

Thanks for reading this book, I'm scared that it is "boring" because Season 6 released one year ago! Anyway, thank you so much! I'm trying to work on my other books too, you can give me suggestions if you want!! Thanks, this book has already more than 100 views and is #10 in #thenextstep ! Thanks! See you soon for another update!