19. Pas De Don't

TNS and AcroNation find themselves competing for rehearsal space with regionals at stake while Richelle and Noah practice their duet, with the help of a coming-back character.

I love this episode because it's the one where Richelle and Noah rehearse their duet for Regionals and where Richelle is revealed that she has lyrical eyebrows!

This episode starts with Richelle dancing a ballet solo in Studio A, in front of Michelle, Emily and Noah, who will be in the pas de deux of Regionals. Michelle and Emily were leaning towards Summer and Noah for the pas de deux but Richelle wanted to be considered so she choreographed the solo for them, it's impressive. Richelle's solo is the last chance that she has to be featured at Regionals. Her ballet technique is flawless, her feet look stunning, everything that they ask, Richelle can do it. Besides, it is very difficult to be doing that many turns on pointe shoes, she's incredible!

Everyone is very impressed is Richelle and Noah are given the pas de deux for Regionals. Richelle is so excited but Emily tells them that they will have to work really hard, and the work starts today, with a special guest, someone who danced in Paris, who knows all the dancers of The Next Step and Eldon's weaknesses, it's Chloe! Chloe is back at the studio! Her ballet company is on tour in Toronto so she was able to help them to choreograph the pas de deux for Regionals. Chloe came with her assistant, Oliver, who is also a ballet dancer. In real life, Oliver's actor won a UK Competition and the prize is to be in an episode of The Next Step, congratulations!

Richelle and Noah start working on the choreo with Chloe and Oliver, their duet looks really beautiful so far. But Richelle is lacking a little bit of emotion, as always, "Feel the connection, Richelle, more emotion, Richelle, I wanna feel it! Even more!". But Richelle still thinks that ballet is about the technique, not the emotions. Richelle is supposed to give more emotion, to attract the judges, but she isn't doing it enough.

 Richelle is supposed to give more emotion, to attract the judges, but she isn't doing it enough

Meanwhile, in Studio 1, Amy is rehearsing and she's kind of stressed because she's on every dance of Acronation, she has to rehearse a lot. Summer comes into rehearsal her Regionals dances in Studio 1, which is already occupied by Amy. The two girls agree on sharing the studio but Thalia and Eldon stop the double rehearsal, not because Summer would be able to copy Amy, but because ideas can be easily copied or inspired, even if it's not on purpose.