12. Convention Tension

Amy feels the pressure when she and AcroNation dance-off against various studios for the Wild Card spot at regionals.

In Studio A, everyone is there for the Wild Style Convention. Amy is warming up with AcroNation and confesses that she joined AcroNation because she wants to be a star dancer, something she is far from at The Next Step. Michelle confesses that now, they have to find a replacement as talented and as well-rounded as Amy, to compete at Regionals. Emily and Michelle open the convention, today is a very important day the other studios because they can win the Wild Card Competition for a spot at Regionals. They also reveal that Dytto will be hosting a workshop in Studio 1 later. Richelle, Jacquie, and Summer start their routine for the opening number, where Henry and Kingston come in after.

In Studio A, all the dancers from Region 7 that qualified for Regionals are in Studio A, preparing for the dance convention. Emily says about how little room there is for error. Amy is warming up with AcroNation and confesses that she joined AcroNation because she wants to be a star dancer, something she is far from at The Next Step. Emily and Michelle open the convention and reveal that Dytto will be hosting a workshop in Studio 1 later. Richelle, Jacquie, and Summer start their routine for the opening number, where Henry and Kingston come in after.

I love this trio so much because Richelle, Jacquie, and Summer shine in it, just like Henry and Kingston. I love when Kingston does backflips with one hand and when Richelle does an aerial on Henry!

Since The Next Step isn't competing today at the convention, Emily asked Piper and Finn to work at the information desk for the convention. Piper is really organized and Finn is a complete mess, he eats all the jelly beans.

In Shakes & Ladders, Henry meets Simone and Amy. Amy and Henry have an awkward conversation. It's weird not to be in the same team, but even weirder when they both have feelings for each other but can't talk about it... Henry says he'll come watch Amy's performance because he loves watching her dance.

In Studio 1, some TNS dancers are warming up while Henry is running all around the studio. Today, the hip-hop phenom, Dytto, is coming to teach a workshop for them and Henry is the most hype! Jacquie tries to calm him down, Henry has to keep it cool. Noah comes in, really excited about this day too. It's the convention but it's also Noah's 18th birthday! Happy Birthday! Noah talks with Jacquie and Henry about things that they are excited for: Dytto, a selfie with Dytto, the Wild Card Competition, Dytto, food truck, Dytto, Hot Dogs, Dytto, Pizza, Dytto, Chocolate, Dytto, Icecream, Dytto... and that's it... oh no... Did Jacquie and Henry forget Noah's birthday? Lily comes in, ready to go to the workshop, and practice tutting for Regionals. Yeah, now Miss Angela runs Encore Dance Studio, they are out for revenge and will do everything to win.

Indeed, Miss Angela is already messing up with TNS dancers: she's surprised that Finn didn't leave The Next Step, breaks Piper's confidence again, wants to steal Kenzie and Summer back... she's on fire!