16. Less Beauty, More Beast

When two surprise guest judges visit The Next Step, A-Troupe vies for featured parts in the regionals hip-hop routine.

A-Troupe is warming-up in Studio A when LaTroy and Sloane walk in! Michelle needed help with hip-hop choreography for Regionals so LaTroy and Sloane came and announced to A-Troupe that they will choreograph the hip-hop routine, and the six best dancers will perform the hip-hop routine at Regionals. 

This will be his first chance for Finn to stand out on A-Troupe. Davis wants to prove she belongs to The Next Step. Jacquie confesses that the last time she and Davis competed against each other, Davis won, and she won't let it happen again. Kingston says that all of his extra work instead of schooling will be for nothing if he doesn't get chosen for the dance. 

LaTroy tells the dancers that he will choreograph for the girls, and Sloane will choreograph for the boys. Piper, Davis, Jacquie, Kenzie, Summer, and LaTroy stay in Studio A, whilst Finn, Noah, Henry, Ozzy, Kingston, and Sloane leave to go to Studio 1.

Jacquie, Summer, Kenzie, Piper, and Davis rehearse some hip-hop choreography that LaTroy taught them. As they dance, Davis smiles. Jacquie confesses that she has to prove to LaTroy that she is the best dancer on A-Troupe. 

As they conclude, Davis tells Kenzie that she really wants to be on the dance. Kenzie confesses that she thinks Davis wants the dance so badly to prove that she a better dancer than Jacquie. The girls continue to rehearse, and as they conclude, LaTroy motivates Davis to stop smiling. He asks for her name, for which she replies "Davis". He questions her, and sticks with the name "Blonde Jacquie". This offends both Davis and Jacquie.

Meanwhile, Ozzy, Noah, Finn, Kingston, and Henry warm-up in Studio 1. Sloane explains to them that they will be put in groups. The first group consists of Henry, Noah, and Finn, and the second group consists of Ozzy and Kingston. Kingston confesses that he wants to be in the other group, as Ozzy isn't the best dancer on A-Troupe, and he needs to be with the best. He asks Sloane to change his group, to which she declines. Ozzy doesn't understand why he asked, and he is offended.

 Ozzy doesn't understand why he asked, and he is offended

Later, Summer and Henry take a juice in Shakes & Ladders. Summer takes archery classes and Henry takes pottery classes. They are hanging out together very often and the one who loses the Hip-Hop dance battle will have to go to the other's class! It's a little bet!

In the lockers room, Kenzie meets Davis to help her with her little "smile problem". She tells her that in her spare time, Kenzie and her dad spare at the gym. Boxing is what Davis need, she has to reveal the lion inside her! So, let's do it! Davis spares and little by little she's punching stronger and Kenzie's plan succeded!

Well, after hanging out a little bit and rehearsing, the two teams are ready to dance battle! It's time to fight!

Who danced better? Everyone was incredible and really worked really hard, Davis even managed to surprise LaTroy as she was more beast! 

LaTroy and Sloane finally make the decision, so the 6 dancers that they picked are Finn, Noah, Kenzie, Henry, Summer, and Jacquie! They will be performing a hip hop dance at Regionals.

After that, while Kingston is rehearsing to get picked for the contemporary dance, Noah and Finn come in and propose Kingston to watch a film but he's too concentrated on dancing, he's being rude with anyone and crashing school. And when Ozzy wants to help him with school he just rejects it! And him! Poor friendship!

Meanwhile, Summer and Henry spend some time in Shakes & Ladders, they get along really well and Henry asks Summer if this archery and pottery weekend is a date. Summer answers that she was hoping to be... so that means that Summer and Henry are dating!!

At the end of the episode, Davis packs her stuff in the lockers room. She's sad about not being picked and also because she thought that dancing with her sister would be fun, but it's the opposite of that. Jacquie comes in and wants to check on her, she feels a little bit guilty about not helping her sister and being selfish. 

Davis is angry at her sister and they both argue about dance, Davis says to Jacquie that she made it perfectly clear: when they are at the studio they are not sisters but competition. Dance is coming between them, again.

Photo-summary:

Behind the Scenes:

Behind the Scenes:

Next Episode: Contemporary Contempt