6. Mean Twirls

Summer is tricked by dancers who are threatened by her, while TNS rents out some rehearsal space to a new dance team, AcroNation.

In Studio 1, Jacquie is rehearsing alone. In talking heads, she says she is doing this because she needs to be the best dancer in the studio, as Noah doesn't believe she is. Richelle enters, and in talking heads, she says she knows exactly what Jacquie is doing; trying to get the top spot off Summer. After Jacquie finishes a tumbling sequence, Richelle comments on it being 'pedestrian'. This provokes Jacquie and they perform a dance battle which turns into a duet. 

Michelle and Emily enter and ask the girls to clear out. They ask why, and Emily tells them the studio is being rented out by a new team. Thalia enters and her, Emily and Michelle hug.

AcroNation performs their first routine in Studio 1 as Thalia explains she opened the studio after her tour finished. Summer enters because she wants to check out the new team. Summer asks Thalia if they're taking the routine to regionals, Thalia says they're not, but maybe next year.

In the Studio A office, Emily and Michelle are preparing for Rita to call from Absolute Dance. They are trying to convince them to let The Next Step host the Wild Styles Convention. Panicked, Emily lies that Dytto is attending and manages to convince them. After the call, they worry about how they are going to get Dytto.

In the locker room, Richelle and Jacquie are sitting on the couch and Amy is at her locker. Summer enters and tells her how great the new team is as Richelle and Jacquie listen in. Richelle and Jacquie approach Summer and lie to her that they are going to the AcroNation workshop and wondering if she wanted to come. They also tell her that rehearsal is canceled, and she agrees to come.

"Here's the plan. Summer finds her home at AcroNation, Jacquie and I move up to middle row, it's a win-win." Richelle says.

AcroNation is warming up and Summer enters asking Thalia about the workshop. She explains that there is no workshop but is free to stay with them. She agrees to stay and performs a split-stage then aerial as she is applauded.

Winnie and Heathcliff are in Shakes & Ladders and Heath is talking about his dog Snuggles. Ozzy enters and Winnie's attention is immediately drawn to him. She awkwardly ends the conversation with Heath by laughing, saying it was funny then rushing over to Ozzy. She tells him he's looking more manly but Heath interrupts saying he looks the same to him. Heath gloats about being front row in B-Troupe just before Ozzy leaves. In talking heads, Winnie says she has a plan to win Ozzy's heart.

In Studio A, Jacquie and Richelle stretch, happy and proud of their lie to Summer. Michelle comes in, to rehearsal with the 3 girls, and notices Summer's absence. Richelle and Jacquie start talking bad about Summer, saying that she's unrespectful, and Michelle, understanding their little game, decides to play it too, to teach these girls a little lesson. Michelle says to the girls that Summer's absence is making her reconsider why they put her in the front row center, and Jacquie and Richelle start arguing about who of them should replace Summer. Michelle leaves and comes back with the International's trophy that she and her team won a few years ago, saying that they won it as a team, not playing selfish bad games.