Off-Season: The Scholarship

Hi guys! Welcome to my new book! Here, I'm gonna detail and make a summary of all the episodes of The Next Step, adding the link of all the episodes that you can find on YouTube, so if you haven't watched yet, here's the moment to do it! Well, let's start with The Off-Season!

The Off-Season of The Next Step is an interlude mini-season between Season 5 and Season 6

The Off-Season of The Next Step is an interlude mini-season between Season 5 and Season 6. It's about the audition of A-Troupe and some new faces, to impress renowned choreographer Stacy Carpenter, to win a Scholarship, a prestigious L.A. workshop! Who will win it?

The Off-Season doesn't seem really important to the TNS storyline but it is. For example, in the Off-Season between Season 4 and Season 5, Richelle talks about her shopping for pointe shoes just as seriously as she dances. It seemed to be only an "information" episode but it was a clue of what will happen in Season 5 because Richelle got injured and it involved her pointe-shoes!

She clearly said "If you have the wrong pair of pointe shoes on, you could risk falling down, hurting yourself, and just not looking good! Hehehe! That happened! So don't underestimate these mini-episodes! They give some spoilers!😉

So, let's start!

1. Let the Auditions Begin

In this mini-episode, the dancers of A-Troupe and new dancers are warming up for the audition to win the Stacy Carpenter Scholarship. Stacy is gonna pick an emotion and the auditioners will have to dance about it. New characters are introduced, like Miss Angela and her daughter Lily. Miss Angela is a fixer and her job is to fix studios: she won 8 regionals, 4 nationals, and 2 internationals! This woman is kind of a winner! 😂

2. Summer's Audition

The first audition presented on the screen is Summer's ... mmh... maybe because she'll be the main character in Season 6!  Summer dances the emotion 'Hope' for Stacy Carpenter.

Summer confesses that when she feels down, she tries to think of something positive, which inspires her dancing. While Summer is auditioning, Amy whispers to that Summer is really good, to which Piper agrees. Stacy asks Summer what dancing is to her and Summer replies that to her, dancing is telling a story and making people feel something, because to her, that is the most important part. She adds that she definitely thinks that she brings something different to the table and wants to harness that energy. Summer's personality was introduced there! She's a girl with a lot of hope, wearing pink leggings!